We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

I will be touching down shanghai pudong airport in the afternoon, am looking for a way to travel to Wuxi for a business conference next day. How do I go to Wuxi via train/Maglev? Can relax and enjoy the view along the way. Taking a bus might be too long a journey right?

After finish conference at 6pm next day, I intend to go back shanghai stay for a night before catching next day flight back. Should be the same way back so that I could book a nearby hotel , easier to go airport the following day. Any advices? Thank you!

Chengdu, China
1. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

The fast train is too fast to enjoy the scenery,further more,you have to take your luggages walk down and up in the subway to go to Shanghai Hongqiao Hub to catch one to Wuxi.If I were you, I would just catch the long distance coach in Pudong Airport on arrival as it is much more convenient.

http://www.shairport.com/chn200912040215051/

NNJ
reviews: 45
2. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

Bus seems the choice. Bus may not run as fast as the train, but it's direct. In the end, it should take less time.

If you really want to have the Maglev expeirence, you can make a round trip from the airport.

California
reviews: 10
3. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

The Maglev does not go to Wuxi, it's only from PVG airport to a final stop in Pudong, not the city center in Puxi. As drdw mentioned, make a round trip from the airport on the Maglev if you have time.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

Thanks for the info. If i really want to take train to Wuxi, I have to goHongqiao railway station right? Seem like there are other railway station such as Shanghai new railway, south railway etc...

Shanghai, China
reviews: 47
5. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

Take the G train from Shanghai railway station or Shanghai Hongqiao station.Its only about half hour ride,fast and superefficient.Once you reach there take a cab to the hotel.Same way coming back to Shanghai,prebook both ways tickets in Shanghai.

Shanghai, China
6. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

Wuxi can be easily done as a daytrip.

NNJ
reviews: 45
7. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

If you "really", you can go to either station. Shanghai station is a little closer; but if you will take subway, it will involve subway change.

Yorkshire
8. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

How long does the coach journey from the airport to Wuxi take please? Is it necessary to book a seat in advance?

Shanghai, China
9. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

If take the long distance bus from Pudong airport the jurney takes about 21/2 hr to 3 hrs.It cost 100 yuan and buses depart hourly from 1010 to 1920.However the journey is tiring to me.But you may have the idea of relax and prepare for conference the next day at Wuxi.

If you can spare the night in Shanghai then take the G train,G train takes about 25 mins to reach Wuxi and it is much more refreshing.

Shanghai, China
reviews: 4
10. Re: How to go Wuxi (Hotel Intercontintenal) from Pudong Airport?

Bennystar 99 's proposal is good, or you may think renting a car for the whole journey which will make everything much easier .