We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
reviews: 1
Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

Looking for recommendations for a restaurant with good food a nice ambience and view of the Bund for mid August. We were given a suggestion of M on the Bund but reviews are mixed so don't want to spend good money if the food isn't great.

Also any recommendations on where to have a High Tea would be appreciated.

Thank you

10 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 45
1. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

I have been to several restaurants across the river but the only one I can remember is Hyatt hotel restaurant with a clear view of the Bund from high floor across the river. Don't know dinner cost, but lunch buffet was 200 yuan each person, because I ended up with the bill for that meal. Usual high quality Hyatt service and food.

Milano, Italia
reviews: 3
2. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

which is the name of the restaurant?

Shanghai, China
reviews: 4
3. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

M on the Bund is pretty nice, good view, tasteful food. but you need to make reservation in advance. the average cost is around 1000rmb/pax.

or maybe you can try the Italian restaurant in Jinmao tower, it calls Cucina. it is on 56th floor. also needs to book in advance.

Shanghai, China
reviews: 47
4. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

For hightea you can go to the Vue Bar at Hyatt on the Bund where you can get to see the panoramic views of both Puxi as well as Pudong side .

Had tried most of the western restaurants at the Bund with a view and still till now cant really affirn which is the best but in terms of my liking in descending order are.,Shook restaurant,Jean Georges,Roosevelt house,M on the Bund,Mr&Mrs Bund,New Heights.These are all on the Puxi side of the bund unless you opt for those at Binjiang dadao looking towards Puxi then they are different.

Besides you need to reserve for a view as the tables with good view are not many in these restaurants.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 45
5. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

View of the Bund is not the same as View from the Bund. To see Bund, you cannot be on the Bund, you need to be across the river. I know of 2 hotels across the river, one is Shangri-La, another one is Hyatt. You call the hotels to make reservation, I don't know the names of the restaurants. At Hyatt, all tables have Bund view, we reserved the window table with unobstructed view. Compared to other prices I read on this forum, 200RMB per person sounds cheap for such elegant meal at this impressive high rise restaurant.

For evening view, be sure to time yourself before the lights go off at 9PM. Once we reached Shangri-La at 855PM, Bund lights went off soon after we arrived.

Adelaide
6. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

Thanks so much for all your recommendations, lots of options and we may feel like some Italian one night after lots of Chinese with 2 weeks travelling China and we have 4 nights in Shanghai.

High Tea at the Vue Bar sounds like a great option too.

Thank you again

NNJ
reviews: 36
7. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

There are many restaurants on Pudong side offering Bund view rooms or tables. In two Jinmao towers, there are more than four restaurants with Bund view (on different floors). In Super Brand Mall, I have been to at least 5 restaurants with Bund view. The restaurant with the closed view of the Bund is the haiou fan (Seagull restaurant), which is on edge of the river. We had a dinner in their best view dinning suite with floor to ceiling widows covering entire wall. The Bund view was the best along with many colorful river cruise ships running up and down the river, but the food was not great.

On Puxi (Bund) side, there are at least two restaurants offering partial Bund view with full view of Pudong: M on the Bund’s open sky bar (no dining table though) and Vue Restaurant at Hyatt on the Bund.

BTW Hyatt on the Bund’s afternoon tea is offered in their tea “room” on the first floor. They serve Blue Maintain coffee, which is very nice. The Vue Bar is for drink only and opens only in evenings, I think.

If you just want Bund view, you may just have a cup of Frappe or latte at Starbucks on Pudong’s binjiang ave.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 49
8. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

You can have a view of the Bund from the Bund. View from M on the Bund is sensational. Food and service is nice. We always enjoy a splurge night there. Lit up Bund is lovely.

Edited: 3:57 am, August 04, 2013
Adelaide
9. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

Thanks again for your recommendations will copy info and take it with us to China and see where we decide, I understand with some restaurants we need to book in advance but as we are ending up with our tour in Shanghai we are not sure of our plans at this stage as all meals aren't included so may want to decide on the day.

Thanks again

NNJ
reviews: 36
10. Re: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund

Oh, I don't know where the Blue "Maintain" coffee came from, sorry.

Reply to: Restaurant with Good Food and View of the Bund
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted