We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai BIG Bus Tours ( 48 Hours )

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 31
Shanghai BIG Bus Tours ( 48 Hours )

Have approximatey 2.5 days in Shanghai ( Jan -3rd week Saturday and Sunday.) ... Planning to take the Big Bus Tours 48 hours trip ( buying online for specific dates for $ 33) ..

1.Being an offseason do they still maintain the bus same schedule? Any suggestions as the tour is from 9.00 till 17.00 hours?

2.Looks like only Red & Blue routes are part of this and Temple Tour - Green Route is not part of this ticket?

Any previous experiences and suggestions?

Magog, Canada
reviews: 551
1. Re: Shanghai BIG Bus Tours ( 48 Hours )

I have never taken this bus but I looked at the itinerary. But just want to point out that if it does not run in winter, all these places are reachable easily via subway or by walking (as some are next to each other) for a total cost of about $3. per person.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
reviews: 101
2. Re: Shanghai BIG Bus Tours ( 48 Hours )

This is the tour of what I call the "Tourist Trail." You will see things which others say you should see. Your interests and tastes could and should differ.

Fact is, I think you would have a far more satisfactory experience in 48 hours if you were to purchase and study right now the DK Eyewitness Guide to Beijing & Shanghai. Then take a look at www.exploreshanghai.com, the website of the Shanghai Metro. The Metro has tourist cards for 24 hours costing 18 yuan (USD$3) and 72 hours for 45 yuan, (USD$7.50) So you can see, much cheaper transport to far more places than the Big Bus is available. Even an occasional taxi will run you around USD$3-5 for most downtown/Pudong Lujiazui trips. You must present a taxi card with Chinese destination to the driver as they know no English.

There is far more to explore than the stops along the Big Bus tour, especially parts of Old Shanghai, Fuxing Park, Suzhou Creek, and some new attractions at the former Expo 2010 site. Metro can take you there. It is easy to use with your tourist ticket, lines are numbered and color coded, and all announcements on board are bilingual, Mandarin and English. At each station exit are a simple and accurate maps of the exits and what is above ground, so you need not be disoriented.

Let me just say that taking the Big Bus will result in you seeing far more tourists, Chinese, Asian and others, than in seeing the average local residents living their daily lives. If you like Times Square in NYC, you'll love the Big Bus tour.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 31
3. Re: Shanghai BIG Bus Tours ( 48 Hours )

Thanks to both of you. I'll explore the Metro / Subway as I'll be traveling alone. Thanks for the map links. and the detailed reply. appreciated..

4. Re: Shanghai BIG Bus Tours ( 48 Hours )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 07, 2014