We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day in Shanghai

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 15
A day in Shanghai

I have one Saturday free to take in Shanghai later in January before heading back home on a late evening flight. Is there a site-seeing tour that I can take or perhaps recommend a private tour ? I expect to be staying near the Shanghai Stadium.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
reviews: 109
1. Re: A day in Shanghai

FAQs on the right....

tripadvisor.com/…39142349

You can take the Big Bus Tour.

bigbustours.com/eng/shanghai/custompage.aspx…

Perth
reviews: 2
2. Re: A day in Shanghai

Shanghai ...We will be on the Queen Mary, which I believe will be berthed at the container port for 2 days. I understand the ship will have shuttles running to downtown Shanghai. Would it be reasonably easy for 2 seniors to enjoy Shanghai on our own using the Metro or walking where possible and what would you recommend as "must do". Would we be ok with Mastercharge credit cards or should we draw CNY from ATM. Is it easy to change left over cash back to A$ when we leave?

Guilin
3. Re: A day in Shanghai

Shanghai metro is easy to navigate with clear English directions and convenient with escalators. And taxi is also cheap and fast transport option.

For payment, cash withdrawal from ATM can be combined with credit card since credit cards are usually accepted by only large properties like hotels, fancy restaurants and large department stores. ATMs are everywhere and pretty convenient.

Tips on the Money issue in China: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294211-c119677/China…

Also here is comprehensive Shanghai attraction details:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g308272-i2804-k4147818-What_to_see_in_Shanghai_welcome_to_reply_with_more_places-Shanghai.html

4. Re: A day in Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 30, 2013