We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping near airport hotel

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
shopping near airport hotel

Hello there,

I have a day stay near airport hotel.Just wonder, is there any nice place that I can go for shopping?

Is qi pu lu far from airport hotel?

Thank you and have a pleasant day ahead!

Rgds

Joy

singapore
1. Re: shopping near airport hotel

Just to add on,I will be staying in shanghai taocheng resort.Touch down around 4pm.Can someone pls advice me for some shopping nearby?

Thanks again,

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
2. Re: shopping near airport hotel

Which airport? If it's Pudong then it's far from anything interesting. Probably an hour by taxi to qi pu lu.

Shanghai, China
reviews: 47
3. Re: shopping near airport hotel

If its Pudong airport ,the nearest shopping could be the cheap market at the basement of Science and tech museum,Xinyang market and A&P Plaza.You can take the metro to Science an tech museum or the maglev to Longyang and transfer to line 2 to the museum.

Otherwise the next decent shopping would be at Lujiazui which is about half hour ride by maglev and then transfer by line 2 to lujiazui.,Pudong.

THere is actually nothing of interest near your airport hotel esp for shopping.

Qipu lu market is across the river Huangpu and its still far to go.

To go Qipu lu market you need to take subway line 2 to Nanjing east road station and then transfer to line 10 to Tiantong lu station.Exit here to the market.

singapore
4. Re: shopping near airport hotel

Thank you all!

Most likely, I will take a cab out from the hotel.

How far is the nearest open market?I just do not want to stuck in the hotel do nothing.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Joy

Shanghai, China
reviews: 47
5. Re: shopping near airport hotel

The Science and tech museum market is best reached by the maglev and then transfer by subway line 2 at the adjoining building .This trip only takes about 15 to 20 mins.Cost by maglev+subway is 40+4 yuan.The museum is quite enjoyable too.

By taxi from Pudong airport it will cost about 140yuan and takes about 35 + minutes.Its about 30-35km.

NNJ
reviews: 41
6. Re: shopping near airport hotel

Not sure what is considered as "a nice place" for shopping. The S&TM market is a "fake market" and the qipu market is a "cheap market". Both are unique and good for killing time; but not really "nice"

California
reviews: 9
7. Re: shopping near airport hotel

For mega department stores and malls experience, take Metro Line 2 to the People's Square and walk along Nanjing East Road pedestrian street. Take a cab from there to the Yuyuan Old Town Bazaar and shop for souvenirs and handicrafts. What items are you shopping for?

singapore
8. Re: shopping near airport hotel

Thank you all.

Am not shopping anything in particular, really just to kill time.

By the way, how is yuyuan market like and what is there to see?thanks

California
reviews: 9
9. Re: shopping near airport hotel

Something for everyone including a lovely Suzhou style garden.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g308272-d5…

singapore
10. Re: shopping near airport hotel

Thank you all.

Just curious, for Science and tech museum and qi pu lu,what is their using closing hours?

Have a good weekend all!!

Cheers,

Joy