We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve 2012

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 2
New Year's Eve 2012

My husband and I will be in Shanghai for NYE. Are there any countdown/firework near the bund? If they are, can anyone recommend a good hotel near the bund that can see the firework from the room/hotel?

(Our budget: 200USD. No more than 300USD)

Thanks in advance!

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

Chinese or western new year?

San Francisco...
2. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

Western new year.

Shanghai, China
reviews: 48
3. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

Most hotel s along the bund are exclusive and expensive hotels.,but you may still get a good room at 200 to 300USD.Hotels with great view of the Huangpu are like the

Les suites Orient,Peninsula,Waldorf Astoria.

Some hotels close to Bund but you need to ask for a huangpu river view like the Astor House,Mansions hotel,,Peace hotel.The huangpu river view in these three are not as remarkable as the LesSuites,Waaldorf or the Peninsula though.

Yes if everything works out as last year ,you would be able to get a fireworks and laser show.,at the Huangpu river.

Other places to usher in the western new year are at the Xintiandi Countdown,Lan club,Mao live house and Hengshan road.

San Francisco...
4. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the info. I am a bit confused - in order to see the firework from the hotel room, don't I want a room across from the where they do the fireworks? Do I want a room on the bund or somewhere near pudong?

Thanks again!

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 430
5. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

Too early to tell what is planned on that evening.

San Francisco...
6. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

Just say if there were a firework, Hyatt on the Bund Hotel and Les suites Orient, which is better to see the firework?

Shanghai, China
reviews: 48
7. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

One of the highlights celebrations along the bund would be a 30 minutes 4D light show on the bund which will start at 1140pm.There will also be fireworks.

Several main roads around the vicinity will not allow 1230am like Nanjing east road,Beijing east road,Zhongshan east road.

8. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014