We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flights Shanghai to Beijing (return)

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
Internal flights Shanghai to Beijing (return)

Hi, My wife and I are planning a 10 day trip to China in late August. We plan on spending 5 days in Shanghai (shopping) and 4 days in Beijing (sightseeing). We can book internal flight Shanghai - Beijing-Shanghai from Australia for around $400 per person but was wondering if it would be cheaper to use Shanghai travel agent when we arrive. Any help greatly appreciated.

Shanghai, China
1. Re: Internal flights Shanghai to Beijing (return)

Definitely come here to book.

In addition, I would strongly recommend you to take the comfortable soft sleepers in overnight Z train instead of flying. You'll be saving time and money.

US
reviews: 95
2. Re: Internal flights Shanghai to Beijing (return)

Ellyse is so right. I have been traveling to China for many years and have found that booking in China is consistently much less of booking here in the US and suspect it would be the same booking in Australlia. I returned from China last week and had booked a trip to Yunnan for about two thirds of what the same trip would have been if I booked it here in the US.

I've taken the train from Shanghai to Beijing and it was a lot of fun, much more entertaining than flying.

NC
3. Re: Internal flights Shanghai to Beijing (return)

I used ticket.9588.com and booked etickets from the US about 2 weeks before I left and it was easy to do and great prices.

Suzhou, China
4. Re: Internal flights Shanghai to Beijing (return)

Hi,

Try Ctrip:

…ctrip.com/supermarket/…SuperFlightSearch.asp

They have flights for as low as 450 rmb (about AUD$75) each way. I've used them, you just need to pick your tickets up at one of the airports. So if you are flying into Pudong from Brisbane, you can arrange to pick them up when you arrive.

Cheers.

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Internal flights Shanghai to Beijing (return)

To all, many thanks for your responses to my query. I appreciate your insight and will definately look into the web sites highlighted.

Once again many thanks.

6. Re: Internal flights Shanghai to Beijing (return)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 03, 2009