We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island should I visit???

Which Yasawa Islands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
Which island should I visit???

I'm planning a 6-day trip to Fiji in late March and would like to visit the Yasawa Islands, but I can't decide which. I would like to see 2 different islands and Nacula stood out, mainly because of the Blue Lagoon Beach Resort. I don't want to go any farther north since I have limited time, so which other islands should I focus on? And which hotels/hostels are recommended? I am traveling alone on a flexible budget, but would prefer to stay in dorms in order to meet people. I would like to do some activities while I'm there, but would not plan those ahead of time.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
reviews: 21
1. Re: Which island should I visit???

Hi Vivian, welcome to the forum. Traveling up the Yasawa Island chain involves catching the Yasawa Flyer (boat) for the bulk of travelers. By the time you get to Blue Lagoon Resort you're essentially right at the top or, at least, as far as the Flyer goes. This will give you an idea of the logistics...

awesomefiji.com/documents/AAF2071YasawaSched…

Blue Lagoon Beach Resort is probably an excellent choice for you. They have a meal plan and shared dinning so you would have plenty of opportunity to meet people. For a similar experience on another island in the Yasawa's you could consider spending a couple of nights at Octopus Resort (a sister resort to Blue Lagoon)...

http://octopusresort.com/

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
reviews: 92
2. Re: Which island should I visit???

Also have a look at Barefoot Island Resort, Manta Ray Island Resort along with already suggested Octopus. If you want to meet other like minded travellers then the first two would be ideal as they are geared for a good backpacker experience with good amenities and foo. Good snorkeling at both too. Check out the websites and the Reviews on this site.

Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 29
3. Re: Which island should I visit???

Have a look at Paradise Cove

paradisecoveresort.com.fj/…

4. Re: Which island should I visit???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, February 22, 2015