We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

Which Tokoriki Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

I've just booked Tokoriki Island Resort (3 Nights in the Deluxe beach bures and 2 Nights in the Sunset Pool Villas)

After looking at reviews about which bures to stay in and about the rocks out the fronts of some of them, I'm a little worried. Was really wanting to stay in one that has nice sand out the front and swimming area on the beach. Should I be requesting to stay above a certain number... Or does it really NOT matter.

Also is the helicopter landing area or a sewage system (read in other reviews) an issue?

27 replies to this topic
Palmer, Alaska
reviews: 4
11. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

We just returned from a week at Tokoriki...beautiful resort. We stayed in SPV1 and it was very nice and private with the pool on the back deck. We stayed there for 3 nights and then moved to SPV 29 for the remainder of our time there. We moved due to the noise from the staff quarters which is in front of SPV 1. They were building an addition and with us getting up early (5am) for fishing an afternoon nap was impossible for us light sleepers! Management was superb and had no problem moving us...they even sent us a bottle of champagne!

Both SPV's are great but 29 worked better for us and it was very quiet with an amazing view. Liked the outdoor shower better at this one as well.

Enjoy your time and whatever you decide to go with you won't be disappointed!

New York City, New...
12. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

your review has been one of the most informative that i have ever read.

your opinion on the dining situation would be greatly appreciated.

quality?is there room service?

also wondering about tides,are they an issue?

tnx so much,sam

Sydney
reviews: 41
13. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

Good Questions Sam,

I would also be interested in the answers.

Lozzie64

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 46
14. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

Been to Tokoriki twice before.

SPV29 is one of the new ones with the plunge pool out the front from memory. I've stayed in SPV1 before and loved it :)

There is no room service, all food is eaten at the large main bure.

There is no massive tidal shifts as the resort is surrounded by ocean :).

Food is generally excellent. Large servings and nice presentation.

Feel free to ask anything else. Info current as of Nov 2012.

15. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

We are going to Tokoriki in 2 weeks and have booked a SPV I'm so confused whether to request the older ones or the newer ones further back. Can anyone help as seems to be divided opinions?

Is number 5 at the end?

Are the views nice from 28-30?

Can't wait!!!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 46
16. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

Umm Yes Number 5 is towards the end closest to Amunuca. Given there is work going on at Amunuca try and get SPVs 2 or 3. I've stayed in SPV1 before now and it was lovely, but 2 and 3 are the older style ones (pool fronts the beach), very private, but far enough away that Amunuca construction noise will never be heard (and that's only a possiblity that you'd hear it anyway). SPV's 1-5 are on the nicest part of the beach as well.

The higher SPV's 28-30 are newer ones with the pool on the front deck. Not beachfront and not as private with the plunge pool (people walking along the path up that end could see you easily).

Food for thought anyway.

17. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

Thank you

Edited: 7:12 am, July 04, 2013
Sydney, New South...
reviews: 4
18. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

Great reviews, with much useful information. Any idea where the Beachfront Pool Bures fit in the resort layout?

Manly, Australia
reviews: 2
19. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

We stayed in SPV3 for honeymoon and it was amazing. We were there for 7 nights and hardly left the villa. We also planned ahead and purchased alcohol from the bottle shop at Port Denarau (a decision which was justified when i saw that Tokiriki's "bottle shop" charged F$95 for a 6-pack of Corona!)

The food was great and we loved the ambience at dinnertime with the string band.

We didn't hear any construction noise from Amanuca but be aware that helicopters land and take off on a semi-regular basis.

20. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures

We are going to Tokoriki in 2 weeks and have booked a SPV I'm so confused whether to request the older ones or the newer ones further back. Can anyone help as seems to be divided opinions?

Is number 5 at the end?

Are the views nice from 28-30?

Can't wait!!!

Reply to: Tokoriki Island Resort...Bures
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted