We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castaway New Pool Feedback

Which Castaway Island (Qalito) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 3
Castaway New Pool Feedback

Hi everyone, I was wondering to hear from someone who has seen the new Castaway Pool. I was a bit shocked when I saw that the new pool depth was 1.3m and the old pool was for adults only. I was thinking 1.3m perfect for the kids but you cant expect the only way the adults have a good swim is put the kids in the kids club because you cant take them in the old pool. Can someone help with some feedback. I am hoping the old pool is not Adults only. Thank

Deniliquin...
reviews: 28
1. Re: Castaway New Pool Feedback

Hi Spicey.

I've just returned from Castaway. I spent time in both the new pool and old pool. There were kids in both of the pools and they were having a great time as were us adults. The staff never indicated that there were restrictions on either of the pools.. they just went about their business in that lovely Fijian way of theirs :)

While the new pool, Nuku Marau, is only short depth it is still very beautiful and I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you plan on visiting. Happy travels :)

Tweed Heads...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Castaway New Pool Feedback

Hi Huzahuza

Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering whether the food from the poolside grill is covered in the meal plan? The Castaway website doesn't say specifically one way or another.

Spicey, my apologies for hijacking your thread.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
3. Re: Castaway New Pool Feedback

According to Castaway's Facebook page the food at the Nuku Marau is al part of the meal plan.

As for the old pool, it is currently being rebuilt as an Adults only lap pool/spa. I did read somewhere (I think their website or their newsletter) that it's "primarily an adults only pool" so I would take that to mean your children can sit quietly and read a book whilst you swim laps or swim themselves quietly without bothering adult guests. Much like kid's dinner time, some parents take their older kids to adult dinner time and provided they aren't driving the guests who have elected to pay for a babysitter mad then it's not usually a problem. I can't guarantee this however would imagine like most things on Castaway it's a pretty relaxed policy.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Castaway New Pool Feedback

Hi Spicey012. The old pool is currently undergoing renovations, the following is from an email I received:-

We commence the 2012 New Year with another great project that will see a total renovation of our main 25mt fresh water pool to include an adult Jacuzzi, an increased depth, amazing landscaping and the makeover of the ‘Lily Pond’ pool bar. The result will be a ‘quiet pool’ mainly for adult use.

Guess that mainly adult use is not adults only. This may be because they will need to use the deeper pool for kids doing scuba courses. We will just have to wait and see.

My boys are 15 and 18 therefore I don't have to worry about the mainly adult use, as they prefer to go diving or snorkelling in the ocean.

5. Re: Castaway New Pool Feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, March 12, 2013