We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castaway Island Bure differences and location map?

Which Castaway Island (Qalito) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 3
Castaway Island Bure differences and location map?

I have made my booking. Although it is only in 7 months time, I can not wait to get there. it is my fisrt time in Fiji.

I was not able to get a Beach Bure as I wanted as they are all booked, but have got an Island Bure instead.

Can those that have been there describe the difference in terms of locations etc and if possible refer me to a link where I can see a map of where the bures are located.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Castaway Island Bure differences and location map?

Have you had a look at their website??

http://www.castawayfiji.com/

You will be able to find a map of where all the bures are located.

Nola :)

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 76
2. Re: Castaway Island Bure differences and location map?

There were 3 types of bure when we were there in 2008. All the bures are the same inside - location/privacy is the only difference. Beach bures are as you would imagine on the beach, you have views of the ocean, the sand is a step from your balcony. Ocean bures aren't on the beach but have views of the ocean. Island bures aren't on the beach, nor do they have ocean views.

Think Castaway may have taken the map of the island off their website. I would join their facebook page - you an post questions and there's lots of good information.

Moreton Island...
reviews: 70
3. Re: Castaway Island Bure differences and location map?

Here's the page with the resort map. If you click on the map it is much easier to see enlarged.

castawayfiji.com/our-island/resort-mapfacili…

Melbourne
reviews: 3
4. Re: Castaway Island Bure differences and location map?

Thanks for the replies folks.

I have now found all the info I was looking for.

I can't wait to get there. (7 months away still but something to look forward to)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
reviews: 9
5. Re: Castaway Island Bure differences and location map?

Daniel1304,

Since this is your first trip to Fiji, you may find the following link helpful and informative. Has suggestions of things to take with you when vacationing in Fiji. Recommend taking a village/school tour. It will be a real eye opener for your children and help them appreciate all they have.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k3769…

6. Re: Castaway Island Bure differences and location map?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:31 am, March 19, 2011