We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help...Surf???

San Diego
Help...Surf???

My fiance and I will be staying in Fiji in July and I am interested in getting in some surfing while I am there. I am an intermediate surfer and probably not interested in huge waves like I would find at Tavarua or similar breaks, but would hate to go all the way to Fiji and come back without riding a board in the water. Also not interested in spending a fortune to go surfing. I am from San Diego and get out in the water frequently, but would love to say I surfed in Fiji. We will be on Denarau outside of Nadi for 1 week, at Koro Sun on Savusavu for 1 week, and on Navini in the Mamanucas. Where would you suggest going to ride some waves? Are there any beach breaks? I would prefer these for the cost. How much would it cost to get there? Is it possible to rent boards? How much? Anyways thanks for the help. My fiance is scared that I will get killed riding some monsterwave, but I think I can find something more manageable and live to tell the tale.

S.F.
reviews: 12
1. Re: Help...Surf???

Most of he surfing in Fiji or other south sea island groups for that matter is done in reef passages. There are very few places where surf breaks on beaches. Reef systems around these islands are extensive.

Portland, OR
reviews: 5
2. Re: Help...Surf???

kodak229e,

Pub is right almost all surfing is reef break, expert level surfing. The only beach break I know of is on the main island at Hideaway resort. It has a 3 foot right break, right in front of the resort. There may be others, but I have not heard of them.

I dont know of any surfing up at Koro Sun.

katt

3. Re: Help...Surf???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 30, 2009