We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Mana with a special needs child

Which Mana Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Travelling to Mana with a special needs child

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had been to Mana with their special needs child. In particular if the kids club would be OK for him. My son is 4 and has Autism.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
reviews: 30
1. Re: Travelling to Mana with a special needs child

In all my 27 trips to Mana have seen a wide array of children/adults with special needs, disabilities, wheelchair bound etc.. The Fijian staff are wonderful with them all and they will be well taken care of.

But ... when you make your bookings suggest that you make the Management staff well aware & specifically of the needs of your child, in regards to joining the kids club. He will love the experience, - new challenging experience for him and am sure he will cope well.

sydney
reviews: 17
2. Re: Travelling to Mana with a special needs child

The kids club staff is great and they are doing their best at entertaining the children. All the kids seem to have a lot of fun! That said it is very casual and I am not sure whether the staff members have appropriate training and experience to look after a child with autism. It is best to contact the resort directly or speak to them once you get there and your child gets a chance to meet the staff and get familiar with the new environment before making a decision. Joining is very easy, you pay FJ$25 for the whole stay and can use the kids club whenevber you like, no need to book or anything, you can just show up.

3. Re: Travelling to Mana with a special needs child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Mana Island