We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lomani island resort - which rooms?

Which Malolo Lailai Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
reviews: 11
lomani island resort - which rooms?

hi everyone

This will be my first trip to fiji, and having read all the reviews i think the Lomani resort sounds perfect for me and my hubby for our 1 year anniversary :)

just wondering if someone who has been there could tell me the real difference with the rooms - unfortunately the beachfront bures are just out of our price range - so wondering how big the difference is between the deluxe suite and hibiscus suites?

thanks very much

reviews: 10
1. Re: lomani island resort - which rooms?

We've stayed in a deluxe suite which was lovely and big. You have more than enough space. Difference between the 2 is that the hibiscus suites are much more bigger in size....we spent most of the day outdoors....take some dvds with you if you want to watch movies at night as there is not much happening at night apart from strolling along the beach towards plantation island resort next to it.

Moreton Island...
reviews: 70
2. Re: lomani island resort - which rooms?

You can always walk up to the Musket Cove Resort Island Bar for cheap drinks FJ$4.50 (near the marina) to meet yachties from all over the world who moor their yachts there.

Also some nicer little beaches if you like walking as Lomani beach is not the best a low tide.

have a wonderful anniversary

Auckland, New...
reviews: 11
3. Re: lomani island resort - which rooms?

Thanks guys. So are the deluxe rooms in that block of 8? If so are they up the top or on bottom level?

With the beach at lomani is the swimming/snorkeling good when the tide is in?

Thanks Annabelle

reviews: 10
4. Re: lomani island resort - which rooms?

Deluxe suites are either on the ground level or 1st floor. We stayed in the ground floor one which was lovely as you can just walk straight out onto the lawn/ garden area. Easy access to the beach too.....not so nice at low tide but head up to the beach at Plantation Island resort or simply go explore the island!!

Have fun :)

Moreton Island...
reviews: 70
5. Re: lomani island resort - which rooms?

Agree with WWK, the beach near the Plantation Resort is not affected so much by the low tide.

Also the beach near Musket Cove's island bar area is ok at low tide. (a bit further to walk though)

Lomani has daily snorkelling trips out to the sandbar, and also have a beautiful large swimming pool to use when the tide is low.

have a wonderful stay.

6. Re: lomani island resort - which rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 08, 2011