We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions about caribe resort?

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
naples,fl
reviews: 1
questions about caribe resort?

We have booked a penthouse unit at the Caribe for a week in June. I understand the beach is a bit of a walk. Does anyone know how far it really is to the beach? ALso, is there any stores, ice cream, etc. that we can walk to from this resort? We have al teens with us, is this a good choice to stay here? Thanks for the help!

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 47
1. Re: questions about caribe resort?

We have not stayed at Caribe, but I have toured the property and some of the condos. The condos are very large and luxurious but are located on the bay side of Perdido Key right next to the pass. If you want to walk to the gulf beach without crossing the highway you would have to walk from the marina/pool area past Cobalt restaurant and then under the pass bridge. However there is also beachfront that is along the pass and much closer than the gulf beaches. I also understand that there is a tram that Caribe has to take you to the beach. Caribe has the best pools of any condo I have seen. You can take a look at the condos on google maps to see how far they are from the beach.

Edited: 7:52 pm, May 04, 2013
Gulf Shores, Alabama
reviews: 390
2. Re: questions about caribe resort?

I have stayed at Caribe and lived on Ono Island for many years just across from it. I agree with everything Albeachfan told you. Caribe units are very nice and much more upscale than the majority of rentals on the island. They do have the best pools, period. They will be packed but there are so many and they are large. Finding chairs wasn't even a problem last year on July 4th weekend. They do have a shuttle that can take you to the beach on the south side of Beach Rd. You can walk just as easily though. It isn't far, a few hundred yards. Perdido Pass itself has a nice beach and many people prefer this to the gulf beach. It's personal preference. Just across Perdido Pass bridge are restaurants, ice cream, marinas, stores and beach supplies. The restaurants, shops and marina at San Roc Cay are walking distance, about fifteen to twenty minutes. The restaurants, ice cream, marina at Zekes is just a little farther down the road and may be better to drive. By car it is three or four minutes from Caribe to either. The Publix grocery store and shops and restaurants at Palm are about ten minutes by car. And again Cobalt Restaurant is just next door. They do have beach supplies and a grill with finger foods(hot dogs, popsicles, Daquiris, pizzas)at Caribe. Parking spots are private and for you only so getting in and out is easy and no hassle. There are tennis courts, a putting course, bocce ball and probably some other things. Your unit will have a more definitive amenities guide posted. I like the Caribe and would never tell anyone not to stay there. It is just too nice a resort. Many people do want to be strictly gulfside and if that is you then you might want to look elsewhere. I will say that the views from most of the units in Caribe are fantastic and since most other condos are gulfside they don't even compare with views from the Caribe, especially bayviews of the islands and sunset. Coupled with the incredible pools and balconies I would heavily consider The Caribe even though it isn't "technically" beachside

Edited: 11:04 pm, May 04, 2013
3. Re: questions about caribe resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 06, 2014