We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water in Orange Beach

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
water in Orange Beach

I have heard different opinions about the ocean at Orange Beach. I've heard that the water is the pretty, clear blue/green like at Florida beaches, but then I've also heard otherwise.

So which is it?

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
reviews: 13
1. Re: water in Orange Beach

Well, it is the same Gulf. Not sure what you mean by "otherwise", but I don't hear any complaints about the color of the Gulf around here.

Mississippi
reviews: 9
2. Re: water in Orange Beach

The Gulf Coast water on the beaches of AL and FL from OB/GS to Panama City, FL is bright blue and the sand is clear white. Quit worrying. You will be coming to the best beaches in America.

madison, ms
reviews: 18
3. Re: water in Orange Beach

we were there the last 2 weekends and the ocean looked great- too cold for me to get in but was gorgeous- there were people in the ocean and lazy river at phoenix west- wonderful weather - cant wait to go back!

4. Re: water in Orange Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 17, 2012