We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drury inn off of I 65

Which Montgomery hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monticello,IN
reviews: 10
Drury inn off of I 65

My husband & I have made reservations at the Drury Inn for one night this weekend on our drive to Florida. Can anyone tell me if it is located in a safe area with restaurants nearby?

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
1. Re: Drury inn off of I 65

The Drury Inn in Montgomery is off of I-85, not I-65. It is about 6-7 miles from I-65. The area is OK. It sits in front of a Sam's Club and there is an Outback next door that you can walk to. The only other restaurant right there is a Vietnamese restaurant that I rarely see a lot of people at. There are lots of other options a short drive away on Eastern Blvd. If you want something a little more convenient and right at I-65, look at options in Prattville. There is a new Hampton Inn as well as a few other places right at the interstate.

Tyler, Texas
reviews: 69
2. Re: Drury inn off of I 65

My wife has spent many a night there. She says you can safely walk to the Outback and Saigon Bistro place nearby. It is on 85

We love Drury's.!!!!

Edited: 11:08 am, May 16, 2013
Monticello,IN
reviews: 10
3. Re: Drury inn off of I 65

Thanks for your help! We are traveling to St. George island FL. Do you know if we will be going out of our way by staying here? Really hate to change hotels this late & are traveling with our dogs so that limits our hotel options.

Tyler, Texas
reviews: 69
4. Re: Drury inn off of I 65

Of course we have no idea what your route is...but if you are taking I65 to I85 to 231 or 271 then 231, It is on your way!!

May I humbly suggest you look at google maps

Edited: 2:32 pm, May 16, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
5. Re: Drury inn off of I 65

As Felschurch states, if you are taking Hwy 231 (which is how I would go) south from Montgomery then it is not out of the way. No need to change hotels.

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 5
6. Re: Drury inn off of I 65

I just got back from St George Is. We love Apslachicola. If you get a chance stop in for oysters st Indian Pass Raw Bar, it looks rouge on the outside but gets a nice crowd. Boss Oysters is good but they are getting to where they don't care as much since they already have a great business. I would suggest Up The Creek Restaurant next door. Another great spot on St George is Some Times Its Hot. They make fresh bread everyday and have cheese from South Georgia.

Reply to: Drury inn off of I 65
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted