We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum

Which Montgomery hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Decatur, Alabama
F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum

Could anybody tell me if the F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum is in a safe part of town to visit. I'm also looking for a decent hotel (along the lines of Hampton or Best Western) in a safe area in or near Montgomery. I'd like to do the Fitzgerald Museum and the To Kill a Mockingbird play in the same weekend and since I live in the northern part of Alabama I'll need to stay somewhere over night. Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
1. Re: F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum

Can't comment about the area around the museum because I haven't been there. I know enough about Montgomery to say that the best area to stay would be East Chase which is a few miles up I-85 towards Atlanta. Very safe area with several good options for places to stay and eat. It is within 15-20 minutes of the museum and the Shakespeare park - where I assume the play will be held. Look at it on Google Maps to see the various motels in the area.

Alabama
reviews: 7
2. Re: F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum

The museum is in an older part of Montgomery ( of course ) but is perfectly safe. But make sure you know where you are going and don't stray too far from the route as just like anywhere there are some areas of Montgomery that you don't want to be in after dark!

3. Re: F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, April 26, 2013

4. Re: F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, April 26, 2013

Auburn, AL
reviews: 25
5. Re: F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum

The museum is on Felder Avenue in the historic and very safe Old Cloverdale neighborhood. The area has some nice restaurants and boutiques, as well as Huntingdon College and the Capri Theatre, which shows classic films every weekend. The better hotels are in the eastern part of the city, but there is not that big a selection elsewhere, anyway.

Alabama
reviews: 7
6. Re: F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum

Downtown Montgomery has several nice hotels as well and a lively (and safe) nightlife!

Reply to: F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted