We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-2 hour stop in Montgomery: Old Alabama Town?

Which Montgomery hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
1-2 hour stop in Montgomery: Old Alabama Town?

Hi all, as part of a roadtrip from Atlanta to New Orleans I am passing by Montgomery on a weekday morning. Is it worth stopping for an hour or two to have breakfast and maybe visit a site or two or is it going to be more hassle than its worth with rush hour traffic etc?

I was thinking maybe to go to Old Alabama Town and/or Rosa Parks museum?

Montgomery...
1. Re: 1-2 hour stop in Montgomery: Old Alabama Town?

Hi Paulo! You should definitely stop by Montgomery! Rush hour traffic isn't that bad here (mainly from 7:30-8) so you have plenty of time to enjoy yourself downtown. The Farmer's Market Cafe (315 N. McDonough Street) is good for breakfast. And just around the corner from there is Old Alabama Town (301 Columbus St.), the south's premier outdoor history museum (where I work!)... Tucker Pecans is also right there if you want to try one of our favorite local treats. The Rosa Parks Museum is, of course, awesome to visit, as well as the Civil Rights Memorial and Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church. If you decide to stop by Old Alabama Town, email me (marketing(at)oldalabamatown.com) and I'll leave a coupon at the front desk for you.

Faisalabad
2. Re: 1-2 hour stop in Montgomery: Old Alabama Town?

welcome every body r u right keep it up......................

London, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: 1-2 hour stop in Montgomery: Old Alabama Town?

I ended up stopping in Montgomery both on the way to and from New Orleans. Went to the Farmers Market Cafe and had an excellent breakfast.

On the way back it was close to 8pm so only stopped quickly for food in the Riverfront Park area (Chinese restaurant)

Mississippi
reviews: 9
4. Re: 1-2 hour stop in Montgomery: Old Alabama Town?

Thanks for your kind TR. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Come back again soon.

5. Re: 1-2 hour stop in Montgomery: Old Alabama Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 27, 2013