We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

Which Montgomery hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bethany, Oklahoma
Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

I'm traveling from OKC to Orlando, will stop somewhere btn. Birmingham & Montgomery, Al. What are some very resonable hotels along I-65??

11 replies to this topic
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

Lots of options in either Pelham just south of Birmingham or Prattville just north of Montgomery. Very little else between those cities.

Mississippi
reviews: 9
2. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

There's a nice Hampton Inn just S of Montgomery.

…hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml…

Edited: 7:47 pm, March 07, 2012
Henderson, Kentucky
reviews: 19
3. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

We always stop at the information center when you enter Alabama and get a coupon booklet that lists hotels with discounts. Lots of great deals for an over night stay along 65.

Mobile
reviews: 20
4. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

Agree with one of the other posters - you have two good options. Exit 246, Cahaba Valley Rd just south of Birmingham (Pelham) has all the standard lodging and dining options. Exit 179, in Prattville, just north of Montgomery has most of these options as well, including a Bass Pro Shop and and some additional shopping. Either is safe and convenient. I have stayed at the Courtyard in Prattville it was nice.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 279
5. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

I agree- Pelham or Prattville- you will find lots of hotels. Good idea to stop at visitor center/rest stop and get hotel specials. Also neat to see the large missile/rocket in the parking lot if coming thru on I 65.

Birmingham, AL
reviews: 21
6. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

There's a nice Hampton Inn just S of Montgomery.

…hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml…

The above property is NOT a great area of Montgomery. simply convenient to MGM's airport.

I agree, 246 & 179 good bets. Several of those properties will be in that coupon book as well.

Miller

Helena, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Alabama
reviews: 142
7. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

Without recommending specific properties, may I suggest a TA hotel search of the cities of Hoover, Pelham, Alabaster, and Calera in the Birmingham area. Each of these exits are in safe areas south of Birmingham with numerous shopping and dining options nearby. I would not pick a hotel on I-65 north of Lakeshore Drive in Homewood in the Birmingham area. South of Calera the options get a lot more sparse until you reach the Prattville/Milbrook area north of Montgomery. I would pick a hotel north of Exit 179 / US 82 in the Montgomery area. The area around the I-65/I-85 interchange in Montgomery is kind of sketchy. Have a safe trip and we hope you enjoy visiting Alabama!

powderly ky
8. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

thanks

Brandenburg...
9. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

going to pcb, want to stop half way

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
10. Re: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL

bmwright14, it will be best to start your own thread if you have more questions, but for this question, I would suggest planning to stop in Pelham which is just south of Birmingham which is a little more than half way.

Reply to: Hotels along highway 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery, AL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted