We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly hotels in Mobile area

Which Mobile hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 16
Pet friendly hotels in Mobile area

We are driving from DFW TX area to south of Sarasota Fl in July with two pets--a dog @20 lbs and a cat...

We will be traveling the I-10 route and going through Mobile--

my husband wants to try to stop only 1 night hopes to get to Mobile or farther east if possible...

There are several motels in Mobile that allow pets--not just service dogs although TripAdvisor's search feature doesn't really make that clear--but two of the better hotels come up on the Bed Bug Registry...so I don't want to stay there...

I am not taking a chance on getting anywhere close to bed bugs so even one report is enough for me...

ANY recommendations for smaller towns along the I-10 route around Mobile or toward Florida with clean, safe hotel/motel that takes pets...The Clarion in Moss Point got strong reviews but no pets--

a fee is not necessarily a strike against since many hotels in smaller towns have less expensive room charge so a pet fee can be manageable...

Pensacola is also a problem since many of the hotels are off I-10 toward the beach which takes us out of our way...

Appreciate any info...

3 replies to this topic
Tyler, Texas
reviews: 64
1. Re: Pet friendly hotels in Mobile area

http://www.petswelcome.com/

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 16
2. Re: Pet friendly hotels in Mobile area

Just a followup to my original post--

we have been traveling from DFW TX to vacation home in FL and either way we have stopped at the La Quinta in Daphne/Spanish Fort AL area...

This has worked out well time-wise for our trip since it is about as far as we can go in one day

The Hotel is fairly new and while some aspects are less that A+--they give us a room on ground floor with fairly easy access to the back to walk the dog...

The rooms haven't smelled of pets, the bed is comfortable, the HVAC has worked---

The breakfast room can be crowded and the food quality varies but it is edible

There is a McDonalds to drive through getting to I10, a gas station within easy reach, and a Cracker Barrel just across the highway where my husband usually goes to get dinner and bring back to the room while I feed the pets...

Gainesville
reviews: 12
3. Re: Pet friendly hotels in Mobile area

durey inn, wonderful pet friendly hotel chain and free breakfast and happy hour with food

Reply to: Pet friendly hotels in Mobile area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted