We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knowledgebale local guide.

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila
reviews: 38
Knowledgebale local guide.

Hi, although we know that Melaka is small and one can walk by themselves. But from experience, I find that hiring a local guide who is very knowledgeable about the history and culture will make the tour more interesting and tourists more appreciative as guides can help point out things that tourists does not notice.

That being said, any one know or can recommend any good local guide in Melaka?

3 replies to this topic
Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
reviews: 86
1. Re: Knowledgebale local guide.

Hi,

Most tours are organized from KL and private tours can be costly.

There is a free tour on Tuesday, Thursday, and saturday starting at 9:30am at the Tourism Information Center. It takes 2.5 hours for the tour. I read about it recently on air asia magazine but have not found a web site about it.

Bucharest, Romania
reviews: 20
2. Re: Knowledgebale local guide.

Hi,

I'm Maria, i just came back from 2 month Asia trip (3 weeks in Sabah). One friend of mine recommended me a travel guide from Kota Kinabalu, who actually works in Sandakan area. He works as a travel guide for 17 years and is very passioned by his work.

Also, he has very good conections in many cities of countries (he talked to people frmo different places to fulfill my travel whishes). I think he is the right person for asking help/advice or recommending someone in this field regarding your trip to Melaka.

Joe: +60168230416/ harry2083@yahoo.com.

I wish you a nice holiday!

Maria

bendigo
reviews: 15
3. Re: Knowledgebale local guide.

We recently spent a couple of days in Melaka and did the free old Melaka heritage tour. This is run from the tourist information centre and runs every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 9 am. Our guide was Lingun and we found him to be very informative. The tour took about 3-31/2 hours and we really enjoyed it. We also did a river cruise one evening which has commentary on the return leg which is interesting.Hope you have a great time.

Reply to: Knowledgebale local guide.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted