We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good tim sum place in Melaka

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Any good tim sum place in Melaka

Hi,

I am from Singapore. I will be travelling to Melaka end December...

Would like to know if anyone can recommend good place for tim sum breakfast..

I have a few places in mind...

Low Yong Mow

ong kim wee (not sure of the outlet name though)

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
reviews: 87
1. Re: Any good tim sum place in Melaka

Hi,

Not sure which one is Low Yong Mow as I only recognise location and the shop front.

Jalan Gajah Berang (the road runs paralel with Ong Kim Wee) and Bachang area (opposite old Great Wall supermarket) has two popular tim sum shops, one in the middle shoplot across the road from Hotel Selectstar and further down the road, turn into the left lane of Honda Motor is the newly relocated tim sum and moon cake shop which used to be in Jalan Portugis.

If you don't mind the distance, the best tim sum I have had in Melaka or anywhere is in Jalan Bukit Beruang which is near Multi Media University. The shop is called Hong Kong Tim Sum shop (open 7am-12pm). It is located in the small lane next to the newly built BB Street Mall in Taman bukit beruang.

The portion is just nice in size and cheap (I dislike those huge tim sum dumplings in KL and Sin) and the variety is wonderful. Best of all, the carrot cake is to die for. They serve great century egg porriage and chicken in sticky rice too.

Singapore
2. Re: Any good tim sum place in Melaka

Thanks Alex!

I will consider going there :oP

btw do u reckon how long it will take and how much is the cab fare from like Melaka Town Square to there?

and also I would like to know where I can buy yummy homemade pineapple tarts...perhaps in the Chinatown area?

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
reviews: 87
3. Re: Any good tim sum place in Melaka

Hi Tubby,

The cab fare to Bukit Beruang may be around RM20 one way, so it may be high and you may not find a cab back. If you stay in town area, best is to go to Ong Kim Wee which is 15min walk from Jonker Walk.

For pineapple tart, Jonker Walk has many shops which let you test before buying, most of them fresh from oven. I like the shop on the right hand side of the Jonker Walk stage (if you face it), which also sells cendol.

4. Re: Any good tim sum place in Melaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 10, 2009