We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
reviews: 85
MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

I intend to go for a short getaway to Melaka this coming August ...

Have no idea which Hotel should I stay .. it better to get a cheap n nice hotel ...

Also have no idea ... any new attractive place to visit ..

Also hope to advice also .. is 4D3N stay .. ok ???

Or too long ...

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
reviews: 62
11. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

hiya id say the aldy hotel as well they have lovely big rooms with safes in the room and tea and coffee making facilitys as well as crisos and pot noodles also the rooms are clean and comfy as well also down stairs is the bamboo hut resteraunt where you pick brekki off a menu and the brekis are big!!you can have malay english whatever you want all fresh cooked in ront of you top hotel and real centeral for evreything maggieomx

singapore
12. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

Hi All ...

Thanks a lot of all your nice n useful suggestion ...

But til now .. I stil can't get a good deals on hotel .. even I did mention early that .. I intended to stay at Hotel Puri ...

But ... aft checking out the price from internet .. Hotel Puri cost about RM130 pernite .. huh ??!!

I tot it actual a budget hotel ??!!

Please ... anyone can help .... :'(

Malaysia
13. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

nyonya cendol in Malacca is the best :)

Maybe you can try out durian cendol? :P

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
reviews: 87
14. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

Hi,

RM130 (SGD50) is not expensive for Hotel Puri. The other hotels like Aldy and Hereen House is above RM100.

If you are not very fussy, try Baba House. Some bad reviews there but I have seen the room, it is small but clean. Location is opposite Puri and interior of hotel is unique.

http://www.melaka.net/babahouse/

Even the rate is higher than before which was like RM80.

Malacca
15. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

4D3N is more than enough for your trip to Malacca. In fact, 3D2N is just nice. Unless you know where to go or what to do or you just want to spend one whole day lazying around the hotel, there's no reason for you to do a 3N stay trip.

As for the Portuguese Settlement dinner, stall no.1 is the best. :) Not no.7, correct me if I am wrong. Umbai / Alai / Serkam ikan bakar are for those who wants something different or doesn't want to go for Nyonya food or doesn't want to eat what tourists are eating, then its a choice. Else stick to Nyonya, Satay Celup and etc. will do. :)

Which hotel? Aldy hotel would be the best as its at the heart / center of everything. Hotel Puri is very near to Jonker Street, less than 50m. Heeren Inn as well.

That's all. Anything, can visit my blog (http://jasonmumbles.com) or email me at jason.lioh @ gmail.com or can call me at my mobile phone. If you need a tour guide or someone to bring you around, I wouldn't mind but I am doing a little side business on this. :)

Malacca
16. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

Also RM130 for Hotel Puri is not very expensive, considering its pretty classy room and location. If you want a cheaper hotel, Famous Inn / Fenix Inn / Queenspark Hotel are all around RM70 per night and RM88 nett.

Bideford, United...
reviews: 82
17. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

If you can get a good rate then stay at the Holiday Inn. Its new, has great rooms, great food and great staff. AVOID the Makohta!

singapore
18. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

Hi ... all budddies,

I'm back form my Melaka holidaying last weekend.

Thanks a lot of all the kind and useful recommendation & suggestion ...

Really have a nice and great visit ... and really enjoy a lot for tis trip.

Cheers !!!

19. Re: MELAKA ... Which Hotel Should I Stay .. & For How Long ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, October 04, 2009