We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no music

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england leeds
reviews: 7
no music

jist heard that there is no music played in bars etc after 10 oclock at night , am no dico queen but what do you do for entertainment ?is there no back ground music played in bars after 10 oclock

leicester
reviews: 2
1. Re: no music

Hi Firestar

Have you forgot the art of CONVERSATION ??

Try it - its good !!

Redditch, United...
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Goa
reviews: 26
2. Re: no music

luckycat68

Some people like a drink and a dance occasionnal.

Whats your problem?

leicester
3. Re: no music

Oh I"ve absolutely NO problem at all - its just sometimes its nice to talk without loud music

I own a restaurant /bar inTurkey and have music & dancing - til 5 am in the morning most days in the season so its a good job i havnt a problem !!

I am going to Calangute on 11th Feb & cant wait .

Redditch, United...
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Goa
4. Re: no music

So you have music in your bar till 5am, you obviously don't like your customers to converse then?

Why have an attitude to someone asking a simple question?

Hope you are more pleasant to customers who frequent your bar.

Coventry, United...
5. Re: no music

Well said Badgerlad!

Soooooo..... is it true??? about there no music after 10:00pm - i know its GOA and not ibiza etc. but that seams a little drastic doesnt it?

leicester
6. Re: no music

yes badgerlad - my customers do talk - drink - eat - dance and be happy thank you.

I have NOT got an attitude at all - it was just a simple comment

And if you ever come to Bodrum I would welcome you & your family in my restaurant- folks just come in for a drink or just a friendly chat -

Have you ever been to Turkey ? I am sure you would enjoy

Redditch, United...
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Goa
7. Re: no music

The way you said CONVERSATION in your first post was in my opinion very attitudist.

Try it its good!!!! - As above.

Yes we have been to Turkey, - Kusadasi and Marmaris, thoroughly enjoyed the cheap Efes beer and clothing, unfortunatley i doubt if we will be going back having discovered Goa!!!

Would have enjoyed a conversation, dance and a couple of beers on the house in your bar!!!!

Plymouth
8. Re: no music

Hi there firestar yes your right there is now a ten oclock curfew on live music after 10pm which is a shame cos we went to the Apora market on sat night and the police are there in force to ensure that the new law is enforced. Dont worry too much though as I managed to speak to a police detctive and he was saying to me that the authorities are really worried because there are a lot of solicitors and barristers that are taking up the challenge of sorting out the problem because Goa cannot excist without the tourists and such a ban will stop tourists from going there dont worry about the others who are saying to you "what about the art of conversation" if live music is what you like then you so be it that is what i liked it doesnt mean i cant talk. There was one place we went to called Mayonas up by bagga bridge which on a sunday night has live (hippy music) it,s a fantastic evening and beccause of the corruption with the police they phone up and for a fee they get an extention to their licence til (1am) and the music goes on it,s brill make sure you do go there or you,ll miss a great night out if you do get there by 7pm or you wont get in very easy the food on a sunday is BBQ but it,s lovely. Hopefully these lawers will sort out the problem and all will be well. It sort of ruined our trip to Apora market as we were so looking forward to the live music aswell but as you will see the market really makes up for your dissapointments though its massive and there are plenty of bars and eateries food from all over the world give it a try . Mr T

london
9. Re: no music

mrt32

hi..hearing mixed reports on the no music thing..is it just live music they are putting a curfew on or is it all music including the bars/clubs and beach shacks..if you could let us know that would be good...thanks robbie

england
10. Re: no music

Hi Robbie,

The ban is on all amplified sound not just live music - that means any pre-recorded music and TV. The police really are being very vigilant about it - patrolling Baga on bikes to check each individual bar/restaurant.

The newbie tourists that are out here now are telling me that it's spoilt their holiday and most of them won't be returning. The government need to act fast to rectify things.

GFF xx