We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire, UK
reviews: 3
Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

Hi Everyone,

Going 8th Feb staying at the Ocean Palms (opp Holiday Street). I'm a Goa Virgin, so would like some advice of where to eat/drink during the day and night!

I'm going with my mama (we're both up for a laugh!) but as she's not long ago had a half knee replacement, don't want to walk miles.

Oh, and any trips we MUST go on?!

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

motherwell scotland
reviews: 19
1. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

hi sarah

dont think it should be much of a problem for your mum as there is plenty places to eat and drink round about where your staying as there is only the two of you i would get about in tuk-tuks as the pavements are not that great in some places ps your not that far from the beach and if shes up to going in the water i would say you should go to Baga right to the very end as the beach there is quite flat and the water is calm hope you have a blast mabe see you there you never know

Shropshire, UK
2. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

Well, she's currently in Sri Lanka, and has managed the sea there without too much trouble! I know, alright for some!

Coventry, United...
3. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

Can recommend Nirvana at the bottom of holiday street, good happy hour.

Very handy for Kebabs & Curries. Babutes. On top good for a nightcap.

Try using the bus it stops at the end of the road .

Stayed at OP twice and liked it very much.

n wales
reviews: 1
4. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

where ever you go I don't think you will be disappointed. A good place is on main road near holiday st you will see babutes if heading towards calangute turn right then first left and Zicos is on the left, although I thinks its changed name now to Tony's, we never had a bad meal there. Its a family run business

Shropshire, UK
5. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

And i know this will sound like a stupid question, but roughly how much is a beer and a coke (or similar!)

dp42wl i liked the fact that they comment on every TA review!!

Baga, India
6. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

Sarah --- Classy girls never ever have to ask ! lol.

Baga, India
7. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

PS --- Candolim may be a bit to quiet for you , tends to be older people and couples down that end. "old men go to Thailand -- old women go to Candolim" if you get my drift.... just my opinion based on what I have seen , and seen going on....... Shocking.........

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 2
8. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

Small beer 50/60, coke, limca, slice mango drink 20/30, diet coke or tonic 50, large 60 ml vodka, gin, rum or brandy 60 and 1ltr water 20/30 are average prices in beach shacks, bars and restaurants, local places cheaper, posh dearer

£1 = 84 Rps

Baga, India
9. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

Just wach out for all the scam merchants --- which basically means , every single person that you come across -- from room boys, waiters , taxis, reception staff , shack boys , stalls , shops , money exchange -- tour company reps --- everyone just views you as a cash cow , sad but so true.

Lots of people get caught in their lure, and unfortunately think that they are their bestest bestest Goan pals ---- more fool them --- just don't trust any bull that you get stuffed up your ### -- walk away , don't listen to their persistence , because they do persist --- it works and they know it with foolish stupid tourists ---- and that is just when they want money ........ the same attitude works on ladies/girls when they have had a few . Take care.

reviews: 1
10. Re: Come on regulars, give me some advice please!

if you want a drink babutes upstairs is ok and thats where i change my money down stairs in the shop the resturant wasnt tot bad either the chinesse across the road is nice by service a bit slow

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations