We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The village royal

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hudds
reviews: 1
The village royal

Hi,

Can someone or a few people tell me about calangute and this hotel??? i have tried a few times to get some recent reviews as hotels do change so much from time to time, are they still building around this hotel? please give recent reviews or advise? i will be travelling at the end of November..help

Durham, United...
reviews: 52
1. Re: The village royal

You may not get reviews beyond March/April with the charter flights stopping over the summer and not resuming until Nov. I stayed at the VR last January and it was fine but basic even by Goan standards.

There was a lot of building work in the immediate area but we were fortunate enough to have a room that didn't over look it so we weren't bothered by noise. The hotel is quite isolated and a long walk into Calangute but if you use the hotel's free bus service to Calangute Market rather than taxi's you will save a lot of money.

lancashire
2. Re: The village royal

weve stayed at this hotel in april this yr the rooms are clean but basic, you get clean sheets and towels daily .the food is very very good , the lads who clean the rooms are great, and vinny , joseph and few other lads were great waiters .

there is a bus that takes you to the beach from 9.30 in the morning i think it runs every hr, the last bus back to the hotel is about 6.30 pm free of charge

we used to jump on the bus to go in to calangute not the beach,

if you wanted to walk to centre of calangute it would take about 10- 15 mins

hope this helps

she

3. Re: The village royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 12, 2009