We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toilet facilities

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
barnsley
toilet facilities

i have been told by a friend that when she went to the shacks on the beach the kitchen area was fairly clean, but the toilet area was just a hole in the sand with a peice of corregated tin sheet for shelter

was she winding me up or are they like this for real

so they have seperate ladies and gents loos?

rotherham
reviews: 1
1. Re: toilet facilities

they don't tend to have separate mens and ladies loos, it's just one on the beach for each shack. most are western style - in the vaguest sense. think portaloo standards and you will have an idea. as for the shelter could be corrugated tin sheet or could be wood panels - won't be a nice brick built w.c. don't worry you'll get used to it. first time we took mother in law we told her that they only had eco-loos everywhere (pig toilets), kept that up till we got there.

chippenham, wilts
reviews: 2
2. Re: toilet facilities

Hello again :-)

most now have a western style porcalin toliet that is piped into a covered pit behind the toilet. there will be a big container of water in the cubicle and a jug for "flushing" when we first went 7 years ago it was just a case of wandering of into the sand dunes with a torch and some toilet paper.

steve

p.s. the cubicle is just plywood and a tin roof and it is communal

barnsley
3. Re: toilet facilities

OMG

plenty of hand wipes i think

i will take some hand wash gel

and a peg!!!

barnsley
4. Re: toilet facilities

while we're on is the wine drinkable

chippenham, wilts
5. Re: toilet facilities

hand sanatizing gel is a wise choice,you can buy it in Goa from any supermarket or chemist for peanuts, i always use it before eating anything. as not doing so is often the way to catch Dehli belly.

steve

chippenham, wilts
6. Re: toilet facilities

I don't drink wine in Goa but i believe it is quite expensive and a limited choice. Kingfisher lager,Kings lager(less gassy) honeybee brandy are usually my choice. Large measures with the spirits and you can buy it for about £1 a litre from the supermarkets.

steve

London, United...
reviews: 5
7. Re: toilet facilities

I think you need to go to Goa with an open mind and take it as you find it. I have a feeling that it'll be a bit of a culture shock for you but it'll be fine. You'll love it.

I know that nothing beats personal recommendations but you might want to pick up a copy of Lonely Planet Goa and have a read before you go and that will probably give you some idea of what to expect.

aldershot u.k
reviews: 9
8. Re: toilet facilities

hi I am very surprised that people expect what they get in Britain. I have squatted with the best of them over a hole in the ground and to be honest when you have seen some of the westerh toilets including some of the british you would be glad of a hole in the ground because its far more hygienic. Take it as it comes and laugh at the experience. My tip as a seasoned traveller I never go any where without loo paper including the airport.

Plymouth, United...
9. Re: toilet facilities

if your still worried about the loos try and make sure you have a good evacuation at the hotel before you go out. That way you should be able to last out until you get back At least you only have to put up with having a wee while your out on the beach. and you ladies are capable of squatting over the seat so you should have much of a problem.

Goangrasshopper.

Plymouth, United...
10. Re: toilet facilities

shouldn,t even sorry

Goangrasshopper.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations