We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL

Which Huntsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 3
US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL

Has anyone been to both the Kennedy Space Center in FL and the US Space and Rocket Center in AL. If so, how do they compare? We're trying to decide if, after having been to the Kennedy Space Center, our boys (ages 15, 11 and 10) would enjoy the space center in Huntsville and if it would be worth the drive from MN.

2 replies to this topic
Athens, Alabama
reviews: 298
1. Re: US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL

Personally I wouldn't make a special trip just to see the center here in Huntsville if you've been to the center in Titusville. However, having been to both, I can say I feel like the Huntsville locations museum is better and especially now that Huntsville has it's restored Apollo rocket on display inside a very nice indoor facility. What Huntsville couldn't compete with was the tour of the NASA launch facilities. Huntsville has now restored the Marshall Space Flight Center bus tours which gives visitors a look at the original rocket test stands and some other facilities on the site. Maybe your boys would enjoy a trip to Space Camp here.

Madison, Alabama
reviews: 468
2. Re: US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL

Huntsville is a long way to drive for just one attraction. The US Space and Rocket Center is absolutely worth the price of admission but I'd route my visit through Chattanooga to get more bang for my buck if I were you. Huntsville's got a few more things to do as well but...

Reply to: US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted