We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a nice hotel in Huntsville

Which Huntsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 75
looking for a nice hotel in Huntsville

We are visiting Huntsville for 4 nights in September, never been to the area before, can anyone help with recommending a nice hotel in the area, preferably near eating places.

5 replies to this topic
Athens, Alabama
reviews: 301
1. Re: looking for a nice hotel in Huntsville

The Westin at Bridge Street Town Center is as nice as they come in Huntsville. Bridge Street is an open air mall with many nice dining options, shops and a theatre. Another option would be Springhill Suites Downtown which has a Ruths Chris Steak House in the lobby. Springhill Suites is near downtown and a short walk to the new entertainment districts that have recently been opened coupled with area bars and dining establishments in the downtown area. The only catch is outdoor open container alcohol is only permitted in the districts on Thursday and Friday nights from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. A third option would be the Village of Providence where you will find aother Springhill Suites and a Homewood Suites. Providence has several dining options all very close together.

Edited: 9:25 pm, July 04, 2013
Scotland
2. Re: looking for a nice hotel in Huntsville

Thank you for your reply I will check out the hotels you mentioned and hopefully get one booked, thanks again

Weston, Florida
reviews: 23
3. Re: looking for a nice hotel in Huntsville

Hi!

I am currently staying at SpringHill Suites and it is a nicely appointed hotel. I am really happy I chose to stay here because It is centrally located in terms of easy access to Downtown and Memorial Parkway. I have not explored downtown yet but I found that heading south on Memorial Pkwy, if you exit on Airport Rd and turn left, you find one of the nicest areas in Huntsville (even nicer over the hill on Carl T Jones Dr). That has been my go-to area for everything from my daily Starbucks visit, groceries, drugstore, dining, and entertainment. If you take Memorial Pkwy north and then 565 West, you will find the US Space & Rocket Center. Getting back to the hotel, the suites are spacious and very comfortable with complementary breakfast, and complementary wired/Wi-Fi . The common areas are really nice and there is a very small bar that opens in the evenings (no restaurants in the hotel though). I have spent a week here and every staff member I have been in contact with has been helpful and friendly. I will definitely return to SpringHill Suites next time I am in Huntsville. Hope this helps!

Scotland
4. Re: looking for a nice hotel in Huntsville

Thank you for your reply I will check out the hotel you mention and take note of the areas you mention and make sure we visit when in Huntsville, thanks again

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 301
5. Re: looking for a nice hotel in Huntsville

Sorry I got confused on the Ruths Chris Steak House. I completely forgot about the Embassy Suites downtown, which is where Ruths Chris is located. Embassy Suites would be another very nice hotel option in the downtown area.

Reply to: looking for a nice hotel in Huntsville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted