We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Huntsville/Madison (Safe??)

Which Huntsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trip to Huntsville/Madison (Safe??)

Going to Huntsville in 2 weeks for business. I am 35 (female) traveling alone visiting lots of industrial and manufacturing companies for 1 week. Staying within 5-10miles from airport. Do I have anything to worry about? Safety?

5 replies to this topic
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
1. Re: Trip to Huntsville/Madison (Safe??)

Very safe place. The companies are likely in one of the many industrial parks in the area with lots of other businesses. One place you can go to shop and eat is Bridge Street - http://www.bridgestreethuntsville.com/ It is a very nice, new shopping center with restaurants, shops and a movie theater. Nice, safe area.

Huntsville
reviews: 15
2. Re: Trip to Huntsville/Madison (Safe??)

The above poster is correct. Huntsville is safe and friendly. Bridge Street is lovely, except it can get a little iff-y late night on weekends. Just use common sense anywhere you go and you will be just fine. From your description I am pretty sure I am familiar with where you are staying and it is certainly in a safe area. If you are staying on Highway 72/University Blvd, however, I might think about changing reservations--research park area will be nicer and University Blvd hotels can be interesting. And stay off of Governors Drive in that general area too. :) Nothing in Huntsville is particularly scary, but you just don't want to get lost in the armpit of town. Stay closer to 565/downtown/research park area and you will be just fine.

Also, there is a nice Target shopping center on Hwy 72/Univ Blvd just off Research Park, where you can find whatever you might need during the 2 weeks you are here.

Enjoy Huntsville! It's a lovely place to be.

3. Re: Trip to Huntsville/Madison (Safe??)

Thank you..

Huntsville...
4. Re: Trip to Huntsville/Madison (Safe??)

What is there to do in Huntsville on a Sunday for visitors from out of town? This would be 'date night' or 'day' related:-)

Edited: 9:00 pm, November 27, 2012
Athens, Alabama
reviews: 298
5. Re: Trip to Huntsville/Madison (Safe??)

Click on "things to do" in the column on the upper left of this page and you'll get a pretty extensive list of what Huntsville has to offer.

Reply to: Trip to Huntsville/Madison (Safe??)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted