We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Space Camp Family Program

Which Huntsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 97
Space Camp Family Program

Looking for feedback. I am interested in attending this summer with my boys (11&14), and would love to have some thoughts on the program from anyone who has knowledge. Thanks!

Mississippi
reviews: 9
1. Re: Space Camp Family Program

My son lives in Huntsville and he's got a couple of boys who have attended. They really enjoyed it. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 299
2. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I can't speak for the family program but my children enjoyed every camp session they attended at Space Camp over the years. They especially liked X-Camp. Probably not many locals that do the family camp as most just send their kids so you may not get a family camp specific answer. Ever consider just sending your kids? Thousands have done it and to my knowledge they have never lost one.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I don't have issue with sending the kids alone, but am interested in finding something fun we can do together for a quick family trip. Thanks for all of the feedback thus far!

Chengdu, China
reviews: 22
4. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I'm also looking into this, so any feedback on the family camp would be greatly appreciated!

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 299
5. Re: Space Camp Family Program

There's not a lot of activity on the Huntsville forum. You might try signing up for access to the Space Camp blog where you may have better luck communicating with camp alumni.

http://www.spacecamp.com/blog/sc/space-camp

Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Re: Space Camp Family Program

Thanks Coastermeister!

Huntsville, Alabama
reviews: 6
7. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I think getting your own flight suit would be reason enough! :)

Gadsden, Alabama
8. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I was wondering if you went to the Family Space Camp at Huntsville or not. Also wondering about the lodging at the camp. I am a mom wanting to take my 9 year old son, but I didn't know how the lodging would be arranged. Thanks for any info!

Tyler, Texas
reviews: 70
9. Re: Space Camp Family Program

From their website:

Meals and lodging are included in all of our family camp programs. Lodging is on-site in our Habitat facilities, and meals are on-site in the Space Camp Crew Galley. An extended four-day family program is offered on selected holiday weekends.

Check-In: Friday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Graduation: Three-Day Program – Sunday 11 a.m.; Four-Day Program – Monday 11 a.m.

Call 1-800-63-SPACE to request more information.

10. Re: Space Camp Family Program

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 13, 2013