We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glenpool, Oklahoma...
Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

I am planning a trip to Gulf Shores at the end of June, and will have 2 small children with me. I am looking for the best place to take them to find some sea shells.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
reviews: 354
1. Re: Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

Fort Morgan is the least crowded so that would be your best spot. The earlier in the day the better your chances of finding something.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
reviews: 8
2. Re: Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

I'll second Fort Morgan

Glenpool, Oklahoma...
3. Re: Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

Thanks, I will take them there. They will enjoy it.

Starkville...
reviews: 28
4. Re: Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

We always have luck the morning after a storm, which means you are at the mercy of the weather. ;-) There are always shells around, even little ones, & your kids (& all the adults) will have a great time looking for them. Everyone can't seem to help themselves. It's like a treasure hunt & so relaxing!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
reviews: 124
5. Re: Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

You can find some good ones out on the FL point. Be careful on the rocks.

Little Rock...
reviews: 62
6. Re: Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

I'm currently in Fort Morgan and I'd have to say that it's not a shell hunters paradise. Maybe it's because of the relatively calm water. Walking on the beach is really nice though.

7. Re: Sea Shells in Gulf Shores area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 22, 2014