We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulf Shores West?

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 97
Gulf Shores West?

Can any Gulf Shores experts tell me what Gulf Shores West is like in comparison to the other areas of Gulf Shores. I am a mom traveling with a tween and a teen next summer. Quiet is good for us. I am happy with stopping at a store on the way in to pick up groceries, and being away from hustle and bustle. We don't need to be within walking distance of shops/restaurants. We are so busy in our "real lives" that a week of simple meals, beach, board games, dvds and books is good for us. One night out for perhaps mini golf would be sufficient. Please do let me know if Gulf Shores West fits this bill! All of the different areas are a bit confusing to me.

Wisconsin Dells...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Gulf Shores West?

The only real place where you can walk to shops close by is the T intersection of Gulf Shores. That is what I love about Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, it isn't miles of gift shops, mini golf and go- carts. We stay in Orange Beach and there are gift shops here and there but mostly condos with a few restaurants mixed in as well. Not alot of gimmicky shops littering the beauty of the area.I am sure a few experts will chime in here and help you decide. I am with you, we come to the beach to relax and enjoy the beauty of the gulf, most time is spent on the beach during the day and lovely balcony at night.

Atlanta
reviews: 2
2. Re: Gulf Shores West?

I think the West Beach Blvd. area would be perfect for you--it's where we love to stay with our teen and tween (and 8 year old). Fort Morgan would be another option if you want to be further out. We love the quiet, significantly less-crowded feel of West Beach. West Beach Grille usually has a table for dinner (sometimes on the deck) even with the restaurants in more central Gulf Shores are impossible to get into without long waits. From West Beach it's easy to have dinner at our place and then go out for ice cream and putt-putt. Good luck with your decision. A website with some kid ideas you might find helpful is www.gulfshoresfamilyguide.com

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 97
3. Re: Gulf Shores West?

Wonderful! Thanks so much for the feedback! I've started searching condos, and this will definitely help narrow it down. Thanks!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
reviews: 242
4. Re: Gulf Shores West?

The further west you go into West Beach, the more it feels like a residential community than a resort community. It is definitely quieter and less traffic and rentals shift from condos to duplexes and beach houses. West Beach and Fort Morgan both sound like the best fit for you and your family. Depending on your budget you may do well to rent a private beach house or duplex in either area. Enjoy your vacation.

5. Re: Gulf Shores West?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, November 22, 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 41
6. Re: Gulf Shores West?

If you would prefer a condo or cottage over a beach house, you should also take a look at The Beach Club and Martinique in the Fort Morgan area of Gulf Shores. They have beautiful, secluded beaches and wonderful pools, without the crowds. They are a 14 minute drive from Hwy 59 and the heart of Gulf Shores.

7. Re: Gulf Shores West?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 24, 2013