We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shrimp Basket Restaurant mystery fish

Which Foley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas
reviews: 64
Shrimp Basket Restaurant mystery fish

Over the decades I have eaten at a Shrimp Basket dozens of times and enjoyed good food and service. Not today!!

When they brought out the adult meals it occurred to the waitress that she had failed to order the child meal. What fun he had sitting there waiting for his food!

But the main issue is that the Shrimp Basket has joined other restaurants in serving mystery fish in their fish dishes. After I asked I was assured that their fish was a good fish (broadhead) like grouper--yes I should have known better. It was undoubtly frozen with a terrible mushy feel cooked badly. Management showed the usual "so sorry" concern when I sent it back and removed it from the check.

It is a shame that we live next to the home of fine edible fish and are served this junk fish from who knows where

My message--don't order anything simply labeled fish basket/sandwich at the Shrimp Basket

1. Re: Shrimp Basket Restaurant mystery fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, December 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Foley