We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

Which Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 6
URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

Hello all, I have an urgent query.

I am a Singaporean.

I would be landing in Calcutta on the 13th around 8pm. My next flight is the following day at about 3pm to Varanasi. I have been researching about hotels near the airport with a SGD 100 budget.

It came down to O2 VIP Hotel and Rose valley Hotel.

There are 2 problems though.

1) O2 VIP

I am aware of the "scam" about them not giving us the O2 instead, we would be sent to the O2 oxygen hotel. Is there anyway I can confirm this booking thru Agoda is the VIP one?

agoda.com/asia/…o2_vip_hotel.html

2) ROSE VALLEY

According to several sites like Agoda , there are 0 room for the date I requested for rose valley but according to Makemytrip.com there is a standard room left. Is that reliable? I don't wanna end up not having a room when I reach there in the wee hour.

Can someone help me out here? Quite nervewrecking to be travelling alone. Thank you in advance

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
reviews: 16
1. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

You need not prebook. There are two hotels, O2 and Kings Crown in proximity with each other. Just land up, check out the rooms, and select. Book a deluxe. The standard rooms in both hotels are not standard.

Singapore
2. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

Will there be a guarantee of available rooms though? :(

uk
3. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

There are two hotels O2 and King crown. you can check both the hotels more or less both are of same price.

Singapore
4. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

Hi, I understand that, I just have some concerns as stated on my original post.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 39
5. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

nooriskandar

Go for Swissotel, excellent accommodation and value for money. No far off from the airport. Rose Valley hotel is not upto the mark.

Edited: 7:17 am, December 10, 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
6. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

Swissotel will not come within a SGD 100 budget. But for that you can get deluxe rooms at O2 or Kings Crown. A single room will almost always be available, but you can email and ask beforehand if you want.

Singapore
7. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

Yes, Ashi, that would be way beyond my budget.

Thanks Brave1, I think I should proceed wioth online booking but could you help me check if this one will book the O2 VIP or the old one?

agoda.com/asia/…o2_vip_hotel.html

I tried emailing but noone's getting back.

Is there any other same standard hotels/accomodation I can look for that I might have missed out while researching, that are around the airport?

Thank you.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
8. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

You can have a look at Hotel Indismart. Its about a 15 min taxi ride from the airport. You can book it by emailing then. O2 and Kings Crown are budget hotels and not very responsive by email.

Only way you can resolve the old / new O2 hotel scam is by arriving there. I don't think you can get a guarantee on the web.

Singapore
9. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

I tried booking thru metropolis inn too but there's no reply.

I guess I'll just do as advised and get a cab to kings crown and O2 VIP upon landing and see what happens :(

Worst case is I'll just sleep at the airport.

thanks

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 30
10. Re: URGENT: Transit hotel for one night

Hi ,

Please note down the telephone numbers of these hotels and call them directly in advance for booking or call them from airport on arrival. If it is available take a cab and reach there. On arrival, if you try then you can bargain also on phone.

Sanjiv

Get answers to your questions about Kolkata (Calcutta)