We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Which Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Grinstead...
reviews: 1
Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

We are looking to buy tickets now before we travel in November. Which websites should we use to purchase match tickets at Eden Gardens for all 5 days of the Test?

Ludlow, United...
1. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Try Kyazoonga who are agents for Cricket Association of Bengal.

Just purchased 5 day season ticket for Eden Gardens December Test at !R 1500 for the 5 days. Other tickets at !R 500 and !R 1000. No Clubhouse tickets available on this site.

Order on line and collect on site

Not tried Kyazoonga before but at the price it seems worth a go.

Dave Clarke

East Grinstead...
2. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Dave

Thanks for your reply. I had been to that site and we had emailed them a couple of times to try and find out how they would get the tickets to us but without a reply.

If you have been through the purchase process and can confirm that you pick the tickets at the ground then that is helpful. You are right about it being worth a go. As I am just trying to lessen any potential hassle factor, can I just ask whether they specify a particular pick up point at the ground and whether you are provided with an order number/reference number?

Thanks again

Simon

Ludlow, United...
3. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Have completed purchase process which includes a confirmation of booking at time of purchase followed up by email confirmation of order. Pick up location to be notified on the website nearer the date where ticket can be collected on presentation of card used for purchase plus for some reason photo copy of card.

Indian friend in Kolkata area tells me Kyazoonga are ok

Best of Luck

David

St. Albans, United...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Hi Parr999, hope you've managed your tickets. The website allows you to specify if you want to pick up the tickets from the venue. You should be able to do this from a separate counter at the stadium. Although, given that this is India, and in particular, Calcutta, I would urge you to remain open-minded about last minute changes.

daglish perth
reviews: 31
5. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Anyone know what you can and cannot take into Eden Gardens?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
reviews: 13
6. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

They have a big list, you cannot take in matches and lighters, water bottles, mirrors, umbrellas, pretty much have to go bare handed. You have to buy food and water inside the stadium. Mobile phones can be taken in, no problem. If there is anything in particular that I may have missed, you can just ask here.

daglish perth
reviews: 31
7. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Thanks for reply :)

So no bags of any kind? I don't like the idea of not having anything to put money/phone in it's not like I have pockets in my dress!

Edited: 1:26 am, November 20, 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta...
8. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

I want to buy ticket for 8th dec (4th day) only, can anybody suggest how to get it? Is it available online or to be bought from counter? When will be the individual day's ticket given in counter?

Cheltenham, United...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Just wondering about whether you can take in sun lotion and insect repellent. Also whether you can take in a Kindle? Oh and cigarettes? Getting close now, can't wait and so far so good with the Mumbai test!!!!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
reviews: 13
10. Re: Eden Gardens tickets for India v England December

Hi,

Ladies handbags will be allowed, but searched at the gate. If you have a compact with a mirror they will not let you take it in. No small mirrors. You can keep your cellphone and other stuff in your bag, no problem.

Cigarettes will be allowed in, but no matches or lighters. Take cigarettes anyway, you will find someone or the other smoking in a corner and can ask them for a light. Definitely do not take lighters, you will lose it at the gate. A book of matches can occasionally slip through, and no big deal if confiscated.

You can take in a Kindle, no restrictions against it. Just say its a laptop at the gate and you need it for urgent business work. The guys working security will have no idea what a Kindle is. Stick to the laptop story.

Should be no problem with suntan lotion or insect repellant.

Bottom line, you can get away with most things, just have to convince security at the gate.

Get answers to your questions about Kolkata (Calcutta)