We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Noida, Uttar...
How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

I need to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website. Could anyone let me know how to book those.

Also, please let me know cost of ticket.

Ahmedabad, India
reviews: 25
1. Re: How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

Hi Vaibhav29_04

Use the Station Code: darjelling (Dj) and Ghum (Ghum).

First class is 135 and Genaral is 35

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 39
2. Re: How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

Vaibhav29_04

These steam-hauled tourist services run daily on a return trip from Darjeeling to Ghum. Trains leave Darjeeling at:

1040hrs Train 52548 (14D)

1320hrs Train 52549 (16D)

1600hrs Train 52547 (18D)

Each train has two first class carriages. The train stops at the impressive viewpoint of Batasia Loop for 10 minutes and for 30 minutes at Ghum where there is a railway museum. Admission to the museum is included in the fare, currently Rs240. Only return tickets are sold.

Booking = Log on www.irctc.co.in then click on 'Tourist Train' go to 'Hill Charter' > 'Darjeeling Himalayan Railway' > 'Retail Booking' proceed for booking.

Edited: 9:35 am, January 24, 2014
Hyderabad, India
reviews: 106
3. Re: How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

One can also book tickets on irctc.co.in by using the following codes ... DJ(Darjeeling) and DJRZ(To Darjeeling). The station names are funny, but that's the way it is.

New Delhi, India
4. Re: How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

Ashish Sir ... Really thanks for your all post . Its is really helpful for us to plan .... I need a small advice as I m nt getting tickets for the steam toy train ( darjeeling - ghum - darjeeling ) ... So I am planning for the steam Train (DJ - KGN) .... My plan is to go Kurseong via this train and come back to darjeeling via a shared jeep ...

to save the time .... I WANT TO KNOW THE TIME TAKEN BY CAR FRM Kurseong TO dARJEELING ????

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 39
5. Re: How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

Afaque2014

It will take approx 1.5 hrs from Kurseong to Darjeeling in shared vehicle.

Edited: 9:41 pm, March 20, 2014
New Delhi, India
6. Re: How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

Thanks sir

7. Re: How to book Toy Train tickets from irctc website.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, March 23, 2015