We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Class of travel from Kolkata to New jalpaiguri? My wife & I

Which Darjeeling hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chittagong
reviews: 81
Class of travel from Kolkata to New jalpaiguri? My wife & I

Will visit Darjeeling for 3 nights next month. will arrive new jalpaiguri by darjeeling mail but still cannot figure out on which class to travel. Since its going to be an overnight journey, im looking for the safest means of transportation. My question to TA Experts is:

Should i purchase 1A, 2tier or 3tier ticket? which is safer? does 1A give me a cabin for the 2 of us or will other people stay with us? Please advise???

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 39
1. Re: Class of travel from Kolkata to New jalpaiguri? My wife & I

1A is the best option for the train. Allotment of coupe done for 1A class on the date of travel. 1 coupe for 2 is there in some coaches.

Edited: 1:40 am, January 11, 2014
Chittagong
reviews: 81
2. Re: Class of travel from Kolkata to New jalpaiguri? My wife & I

thanks sir. i will have to speak to the train master before the journey

3. Re: Class of travel from Kolkata to New jalpaiguri? My wife & I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 13, 2015