I have been going through the posts given by fellow TripAdvisor friends, and many are really informative.
I was planning for my Honeymoon trip in April, 2nd week for 4-5 nights to include Darjeeling and hopefully add Sikkim as well in the trip.
Please answer my few queries so that I can finalize the trip asap.
1) I would be coming from Delhi to the nearest airport from Darjeeling, that is, Bagdogra and want to include toy train ride to Darjeeling. Would it be better if I reached New Jalpaiguri by Rajdhani Express from Delhi and have toy train ride from New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling?
2) What are places In Darjeeling which I can visit to have some nice time, that can be shopping places or any worth sight-seeing tours? Are 2 days ideal for Darjeeling?
3) Would like to visit Gangtok after Darjeeling and have some nice time there? Please suggest any places worth seeing near or in Gangtok? Would like to here for 2 days as well.
4) Could I return by helicopter from Gangtok to Bagdogra as I have been reading about that option is available? And board a flight from Bagdogra to Delhi.
5) Any other things I need to look into or any suggestions for me.
One more thing, I was seeing that there are Mayfair Hotel chain both in Darjeeling and Gangtok, it would be really fine for me to book them. Any other suggestions for the Hotels in the same budget?