We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 8
Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

Hi,

On 20th July - 12 pm afternoon i will be reaching tirupati staying with my family - hotel PLR Grand.

I have two days 20th July and 21st July,Do help me in planning visit to Tirumala Temple ,Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple,ISKCON Tirupati and what other places i can visit?

What is the mode of transportation to Tirumala Temple?

How to get darshan ticket for Tirumala Temple?

Thanks

Kanika

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
reviews: 43
1. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

Visit http://www.tirumala.org/darshan.htm for dharsan booking

There are many buses available to thirumala and taxi is another option

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
reviews: 14
2. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

First things first, once you reach Tirupati without wasting first go and get the earliest time slot available, as its Sat. Sun depending on the piligrim flow you may either get after 6 hrs or after 12 (in peak periods you may get after 48 hrs also something like if you visiting on Weekend followed by public holliday like August 15).

Your hotel staff should guide you on the nearest point where the token time slot is given, its normally available around the Railway Station / Bus Station. If you can get the time slot on the same day then next day you can do the local site seeing. AP Tourism also operates a daily site seeing tour.

Raipur, Madhya...
3. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

Dear Sri RatnaPrasad,

Thank Q for ur kind guidance. I plan to go to tirupati balagi on Oct 15th and my plan is i will reached tirupai by 9.00 AM of 15th Oct and immediately move to tirumalla by a car . my esudarsnam ticket is from 2 pm (Booked from http://www.ttdsevaonline.com/ ) of 50 rupees i would like to know approximately how much time it will take for darsan during this time becoz it will Dassara time.(How long the q may be ) and what is the procedure after taking the printout of esudarsanam ticket again i have to join a q for issuing another ticket .

Thankx

ashwinee.shasany@gmail.com

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
4. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

When you take a time slot the time of darshan will vary anywhere between 1 hr to 3 hrs depending on the day (like weekends, holidays, national holidays, special religious days, special poojas at Tirumala on given day and so on) so its all guesses but average time will be as specified above.

As you are arriving on Oct. 15 and a tuesday and considering Duserra holidays will end i think you should be able to complete in less than 2hrs but again its all guess. Lets say a VIP arrived wtih a group of members at the same time you in Q it means definitely it will delay by 15-20 minutes further.

Raipur, Madhya...
5. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

Thank Q Mr. RatnaPrasad,

Thank q for replying me . Again from my last above posting " what is the procedure after taking the printout of esudarsanam ticket again i have to join a q for issuing another ticket .

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
6. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

You can take the Print along with the ORIGINAL PHOTO ID OF ALL THE ADULTS and proceed to the Q complex where you will have large cabins with basic seating arrangments along with toilets and some food stuff available for sale. As already mentioned above the darshan time will take anywhere between 1 to 3 hrs once you enter it. Once the Q starts moving you should be able to have the darshan in one hour time. Ofcourse exceptions are always there depending on the days and pooja time the Q will be stopped in between and that again varies on the time.

Raipur, Madhya...
7. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

Thank Q Mr. RatnaPrasad for kind cooperation

New Delhi, India
8. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

Hello I am planning to visit Tirupati from 22nd Dec. to 24th Dec. (3 Days).. Pls. help in finding good & budget accommodation & Darshan Ticket. I tried their webesite but all SOLD.. Nothing available.

Best Rgds

Pawan

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
9. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

I would strongly recommend to avoid visiting during this period as its holiday season, the online website accommodation & darshan tickets are over, so you can try at Delhi TTD office even if you cant get there just drop the trip. I dont wont to repeat what i had been already mentioned in some of my previous post related to this topic.

Edited: 9:11 am, October 30, 2013
10. Re: Need help in planning 2 days tirupati trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, November 07, 2013