We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ojai, ca
reviews: 20
5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

I am coming to Chennai in December for 2-3 nights and want to stay in the best hotel but need the most central location within the city.

Also, would anyone have a great guide with driver for a days excursion to the sites? If so please note contact info.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mysore, India
Destination Expert
for Mysore
reviews: 107
1. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

Probably the Taj Coromandal or Connemara, The New ITC Grand Chola probably the best, but a little less central. The travel desk at any of these hotels could book a guide and car with driver for you.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
reviews: 102
2. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

Central depends on the centre for what.. As most 5 star hotels are very prominently located, it depends on your preferences to choose something as central(for your ideas)... So, it again depends on your plans...

ojai, ca
3. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

Thanks. What about the raintree hotels?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
4. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

I have stayed there once. Will not give you a feel of a 5 star hotel in the front.. But nice property and well located..

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
reviews: 26
5. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

Hi

There are 2 Raintree hotels. One on Mount Road and the other on St.Mary's road. The one on Mount road is a lot newer and better. Hyatt, Mariott are quite centrally located (close to T.Nagar, Nungambakkam etc).

regards

Rajan

ojai, ca
6. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

Want to be in an area we can leave the hotel and walk around within the city center.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
7. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

In which case, you can look at GRT, Residency Towers etc. They are very closely located to the happening T Nagar area.

Pinkpower
reviews: 45
8. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

This is my take on your question:

If you want a really nice hotel to rest and have good food - then I would highly recommend Rantree Annasalai. You can get to T-Nagar in 15 minutes by car. I am not sure if the T-Nagar hotels can match the Raintree or the Taj Hotels. Raintree Annasalai may not be five star but it is really very comfortable, very clean and the service is very good.

ITC grand Chola is far from the centre.

Around the corner from Raintree Annasalai are Hyatt and Marriott - I have not stayed at either.

Best of Luck

PP

Pinkpower
reviews: 45
9. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

Oh and the two times we've vsited Chennai, we have used Indian Panorama for car and driver and they have been reliable. Never used any guide in Chennai before.

10. Re: 5 star hotel in BEST location in Chennai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 15, 2013