We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footprint B and B, Chennai

Which Chennai (Madras) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 174
Footprint B and B, Chennai

I found this B and B establishment listed on tripadvisor and sent them an e-mail. Several days have passed without a response. I wonder why they list themselves if they can't be bothered to respond. I feel tripadvisor should delist such establishments in order to maintain its own high standards of credibility as a travel advisory site.

Chennai
1. Re: Footprint B and B, Chennai

Hi

I just saw this posting, and even though a little dated, I traced the history of this enquiry - the enquiry came on 20 July. Rooms were not available, and this reponse was sent on 23 july. There was a exchange of correspondance, and subsequently when rooms became available, we had informed the client of this via email on 15 Sep and a follow up on 19 Sep. The client did not respond at this point.

While I understand there was a delay of 2 days in responding, this was mainly due to us trying to free up rooms as they were not available (the rooms were requested for the busy period of Dec, in July).

I feel this comment is a quite harsh and unjustified. I would have appreciated that Jaytara have sent a follow up comment to his posting.

Rucha Gupta

Director

Footprint B&B

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
reviews: 29
2. Re: Footprint B and B, Chennai

Hi

Maybe your response on July 23rd was later in the day after the post from the client was made on TA. I notice the time of the post as 06:50 hours.

What you can possibly do is to configure your mail server for Auto acknowledgement of incoming mails with a standard message thanking them for their querry and informing them that you would respond within a couple of days. That way, the expectation is set and an immediate response is made.

Of course, it is important to follow up after 2 days, but the client is comforted of an immediate response . . . .

Rajan

3. Re: Footprint B and B, Chennai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 18, 2009