We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi-Jaipur-Agra

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury, Kent, UK
Delhi-Jaipur-Agra

Can anyone suggest an itinerary that takes in Delhi-Jaipur-Agra. So far we have just booked flights in/out of Delhi, 10-22 March; we'd like to see the Elephant Festival in Jaipur (I think this is 19 March). We are adventurous middle-aged couple, with reasonable but not unlimited funds. So, ideas about how to travel, where to stay, etc, would be welcome!

Canterbury, Kent, UK
11. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Agra

Can anyone give specific advice about Jaipur, noting that we would like to attend the Elephant Festival (19 Mar), Holi (20 Mar), and that we fly out from India on 22 Mar from Delhi? eg

1. how many nights should we stay in Jaipur

2. what is a good way to enjoy both Elephants and Holi (I heard about events happening in a sports ground... do we need to buy tickets?

3. can we also visit other sites in Jaipur eg Amber Fort or is this a bad time to see them?

from wales
reviews: 37
12. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Agra

The Elephant Festival takes place in Chaugan Stadium and is a free event, starts at 4pm until 7pm but we have been advised to get there at least an hour before. Regarding Holi - I have put posts up asking where is the best place to experience this in Jaipur and the results seem to be - see what the hotel does or whats in the hotels neighbourhood...... We shall be in Bani Park area, what about you?

We will be in Jaipur for 4 nights, and I always stay for this long even though on here people seem to recommend 2 nights.....

There's plenty to see there - City Palace, Observatory, Amer Fort, Madhavendra Palace, the Cannon which I havent the name for plus all the shopping opportunities in the Pink City!

You could easily drive back to Delhi on the 21st after Holi (20th) and spend one night there before your flight home.......

Andrea

13. Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, February 04, 2012