We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

We are trying to book 2 tickets to Jaisalmer from Jaipur. The only train available on the 10th October going from Jaipur Junction is Wait Listed. However, when searching for the train from Gandhinagar Jaipur station, there are berths available to book.

How easy is it to get to Gandhinagar Station?

Will the train actually stop at this station?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Jim

Manchester, United...
11. Re: Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

hi,

i cant do 11th because of onward travel i booked on kingfisher a couple of days later from jodhpur to udaipur.

is it a bad idea to get a yaxi to gandhinagar???

or is it safe to do so?

thanks

jim

Holland
reviews: 2
12. Re: Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

Should be no problem whatsoever Jim, just allow enough time to reach the trains station and track down the platform.

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
reviews: 28
13. Re: Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

hi.

you only want to travel by train from jaipur ? there buses to dirctly from the jaipur to jaisalmer ,12 hr , you can travel with sleeper or seat . 9pm from jaipur and you get here at 9am.

Manchester, United...
14. Re: Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

can you book buses online?

i am on a tight schedule and due to flights from other cities i need to be in jaisalmer on the 11th.

what are the chances of getting on a bus if booking on the 10th in jaipur?

thanks

jim

Jaipur, India
15. Re: Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

At Jaipur few private bus operator, operate the night sleeper bus(s) two between Jaipur to Jaisalmer, may be one or two buses but its non air-conditioned bus and they don’t have online booking facility too, depart from Jaipur at 9:00PM near to railway station and arrive at Jaisalmer at 10AM, if its time schedule and non AC is OK for you then I can help you in booking stuff

Although there are government buses also available but they don’t have sleeper class so its bit hard to travel so long in sitting

Jaipur, India
16. Re: Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

And train has availability (I seen right now) from Gandhi Nagar train station so you may book your train tickets from Gandhi Nagar to Jaisalmer, its not far away from Jaipur or you may board in train at Jaipur station too if you have tickets from Gandhi nagar to Jaisalmer

17. Re: Jaipur train stations to Jaisalmer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 14, 2010