We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotel near CST railway station

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 97
Budget hotel near CST railway station

Hi All,

I am looking for a budget hotel near CST station. It would be great if I get a dormitory(we would be 8 in the group) there because I won't stay a night but take the hotel early in the morning and leave in late afternoon. Please share the name of the budget hotels around CST railway station.

Let me know if I can hire a car and visit the local tourist spots in the city. I have my train around 5.30pm from CST that leaves for Howrah. Let me know what are the spots I can cover in that short period of time.

I reply would be highly appreciated.

45 replies to this topic
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Hi Abhijit,

In my opinion, you need a room to take a bath and freshen up.

You can try railway retiring room. Please follow the following link

…bhaskar.com/article/MAH-MUM-now-book-cst-re…

railwayreservation.net/tag/central-railway-b…

There are many small lodges near CST station area in small lanes in Bora Bazar street area, who will provide you rooms/dormitory for your needs.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Hi Sanjiv,

Thanks a ton for your reply. Can you please tell me how far Bora Bazar is from CST station? Do the hotels and lodges allow to check in so early in the morning? Let me know if it is good to take those lodges because I would have ladies with me.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Hi again sanjiv,

I visited the links and went through but that does not provide any info how to book online. Please tell me the procedure or site that enables online booking of these retiring rooms in CST if you have any info on this.

MUMBAI
4. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Abhijit

In your other post you are looking for a Innova car hiring , It can take maximum 6 guests+1 driver.& here you say you are a group of 8 persons.In that case hiring 2 taxis would be economical & convenient instead of going for 10/12 mini coach.The Bora bazar is just bang opposite the CST station.there are many hotels nearing that, also on P.D'mello road( 3 minutes walk from CST, D.N. Road , 2minutes walk from CST wher you will find, hotels. dormitories,lodges etc. Most of them are safe.But do not go beyond the Blue gate of Mumbai Port Trust on P. D'.Mello road as ladies are accompanying you.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
5. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Hi Gini,

Thanks for the info.

Let em know the cost of hiring a taxi in Mumbai.

MUMBAI
6. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Abhijit

The non a/c metered taxi will be based on metered fare.But if you can hit a bargain with them you can hire for a day at Rs 800/-to 1000/- for 5/6 hrs .But can book a private a/c taxi at kiosk near CST and should cost you around 1400/- for 8hrs /80Kms.(small cars).

Mumbai (Bombay...
7. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Hi Abhijit,

I will suggest that when you arrive at CST, request 6 of you to be with the luggage and two of you should go out looking for a hotel in the vicinity. Since you have no luggage in your hand, you would be quick in moving and scanning for the hotels around. Major pieces of luggage like big bags etc. could be kept in luggage room at CST station itself and you can take it back in the evening. It will save your trouble of handling luggage. Those bags should have lock and you should carry photocopies of your ID proof, which they normally ask. It is compulsory in hotels also while booking room.

When you come out of the CST station gate just keep moving straight. On your right hand side, there is a bus teminus and a small garden with facility of drinking water etc. Move ahead and cross the horizontal road with signal and you will spot a small restaurant called Pancham Puriwala ( a great place to have break fast of Puri Bhaji - Potato and Kaddu - very delicious- my favourite) Just opposite to that on your left there is a small lane where there is a small hotel. Please ask the shopkeepers there, who would help you. It is residential area with lots of shops on the ground floor.

For going to P. D'mello road, once you come out of the gate walk till the horizontal main raod. Please do not cross it. Just take a left turn and on your left you will find a majestic building of Head post office. After that there is a small square and turn left, that is P. D'Mello Rd.

There are couple of small hotels if I am right. We rarely go that side walking. Hence not so sure.

Sanjiv

Kolkata (Calcutta...
8. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Hi Sanjiv,

Thanks a ton for the info. It is really a helpful stuff to go through.

Mumbai (Bombay...
9. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Hi Abhijeet,

Please click the following link and you will get the list of small hotels around CST. They have given even tel. numbers also. You can talk to them and book it there. It would be convenient.

www.asklaila.com/search/Mumbai/Fort/Lodge/…

Welcome Hotel, Oasis Hotel (near Sher e Punjab restaurant), Sheel Hotel at Manohardas street (parallel to the lane of Panchal Puriwala), Land Mark hotel at P Dmello rd, Hotel Windsor at kumta street etc. are all in a vicinity of CST and are within walkable distance.

Once you are fresh and ready just take 2 cabs and go to Gateway of India. It is around 2 kms. so by taxi it should be around 30/35 on meter. After that take walk in Colaba Market and Museum is in the vicinity. See that. By the time it would be 1.30 or so. Next to Museum there is a famous art gallery see that also. Ask for the directions of Trishna Restaurant for good fish lunch there. It is in a small lane near Rhythm House. You will love it.

After lunch take a cab and move to Malabar Hill. They will take you via Marine Drive. From Malabar Hills garden you take another cab and ask him to take you to Worli sea Link bridge. Take a ride there and take it back to your hotel.

It will be cheap. No Parking charges and pay by meter only. You will have to pay toll charges to and fro on Sea Link.

On the way back please ask your taxi driver to take the car via Delhi Darbar near Metro Cinema just opp. to a Masjid right in the middle of the road. Stop the taxi there and buy a packed Mutton or Chicken Dum Biryani and Mutton/Chicken Cutlets for your Dinner in the train. Biryani there is just superb.

Sanjiv

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 34
10. Re: Budget hotel near CST railway station

Sanjiv

Amazing guidance....

AshisRoy

Edited: 5:07 am, September 05, 2012
Reply to: Budget hotel near CST railway station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted