We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai - changing airports

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Sussex, UK
Mumbai - changing airports

I am flying in to Mumbai wth Virgin and out to Goa with Kinfisher. I have 3 hours between arrival and departure to Goa - what is the fastest way to ensure both me and my luggage make the flight?

Gurgaon, India
reviews: 13
1. Re: Mumbai - changing airports

theres a interterminal free shuttle available. just carry on your luggage into that and you'll be at the domestic terminal with 2 hours to kill

kami

London
reviews: 21
2. Re: Mumbai - changing airports

I did it last month - my transfer was with same airline so luggage was transferred - no problems. Once you have checked in at domestic, and if you have time to spare, there is restaurant/bar upstairs just before departure lounge. You can relax, have a drink before final leg of journey. There is an exchange booth after you have collected your luggage at Mumbai if you need currency.

New York
3. Re: Mumbai - changing airports

You are flying in on an internationanl flight and must claim your luggage and go through customs at the international airport. From there, take the free shuttle. If you are confused about where to go, just ask an airline representative. Avoid all the touts who approach you offering taxis, etc. I had a close friend arrive in Mumbai int'l and went with one of these fellows, only to be taken on a very long ride (the 2 airports are only a few minutes away from each other, so basically, they just drove him around in circles for half an hour) and was taken for whatever cash he had on him at the time. Argument was not possible as he was taken to a deserted parking lot whereupon 6 guys came out from the shadows to convince him to part with his cash. He was okay and just relieved no harm came to him other than losing some money. He had had a long flight and was very tired and vulnerable when these guys approached. Just be very aware in the airport and avoid all touts. The shuttle service is free. All airports have Prepaid Taxi windows where you can arrange for a taxi at a fixed rate and you pay in advance. When you arrive in Goa, it's best to either take a prepaid taxi or to pre-arrange with your hotel to have them send a car to pick you up.

Gurgaon, India
reviews: 13
4. Re: Mumbai - changing airports

dont even exit the terminal, the inter terminal shuttle is now within the airport. once you collect your luggage and pass through customs, there will be a big sgn saying inter terminal shuttle / domestic terminal. if you cant find it, ask one of the security men standing around, they are sure to help you.