We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Triangle

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
Golden Triangle

The idea of arriving in to Delhi in the wee small hours seems a litte daunting. One of the companies Namaste I think offer to do it all for you. Some one to pick you up at the airport and take you to a pre booked hotel followed by the next few days showing you the golden triangle by car and again staying in pre booked hotels. Although I would have preferred the train journey to Agra - It seems cheap to me at Rs 19,000 per couple . (5 nights /6 days) I know it's not the independent way but we will have 2 or 3 months to do things that way when we leave Delhi and head off south, and I just thought Delhi seems a bit manic after long tiring flights so basically want to do the obligitaries as simply as possible and be on our way. I know there are millions offering this service but would appreciate views on any one who has done it this way using this company or others- or independently . Many Thanks.

Washington DC...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Golden Triangle

hi there!

i can relate to your concerns -100%. i was in your position last december and nevertheless opted to do it on my own (i'm a 35-year old single traveler).

my friends called me crazy and stupid and at times i wondered myself what had posessed me to do this, but it all turned out to be the most fascinating experience of my entire life (so far....). total cost for the entire trip (including air out of washington dulles): $1500

i posted my itinerary on my blog at http://yatrikheidi.blogspot.com

i booked my trains/hotels over the internet and couldn't have been happier with my choices. if you want to risk it i'll be more than happy to help you throughout your planning phase -- i think you'd really enjoy NOT being with a tour group and independent from what other people think is best for you. i know i did :)

cheers!

heidi

rowephotography@comcast.net

http://yatrikheidi.blogspot.com

wales united kingdom
reviews: 23
2. Re: Golden Triangle

we did our own trip and had a great time. We enjoyed the train journey very much and booked all hotels either directly or through expedia etc. You can also book a taxi to pick you up at the airport via the hotel.

Internal flights are cheap and good so we took a flight from jaipur on to mumbai.

You do get lots of hassle at airports and stations but if you keep smiling and stick to your guns it's all part of the experiance.

Which ever way you choose have a great time.

3. Re: Golden Triangle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about New Delhi