We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid staying in Karol Bagh

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Avoid staying in Karol Bagh

To all those who are seeking cheap accomodation, Please try to aviod Karol Bagh area as this is more of a wholesale market and attracts domestic tourists as its cheap. Pleople can be tough in this neighbourhood as its very busy environment.

for the same price you can look into guesthouses and small hotels in south of Delhi or near Cannaught place which is near to museums and traditional places such as Delhi haat (must go) and Lotus temple.

i come from New Delhi and been living in England and US for long. I have advised many people the same thing and it has certainly helped as I want others to have good experience about my country the way I am having here. Take care and have a good & safe trip.

(paying $10 EXTRA WILL SAVE YOU FROM LOT OF HASSELS IN INDIA, SO DONT JUST LOOK FOR CHEAP)

Sydney
reviews: 4
1. Re: Avoid staying in Karol Bagh

Hi, Saralsingh!

This was interesting advice, as on our one trip to Delhi we did, in fact, stay in Karol Bagh, because, of course, we didn't know any better. While we were quite happy with our hotel and the price we paid -- and we were able to walk to Connaught Place and beyond without any difficulty -- we wouldn't hesitate to try another area on our second trip (which, hopefully, will be soon).

But we couldn't find ANYTHING around Connaught Place for the price we were paying in Karol Bagh (which was $US15 for a double room, with a/c and ensuite). It seemed to us that Connaught Place was a very expensive area to sleep in, considering it was within walking distance of Karol Bagh.

So, for next time, can you add to your above post and be a bit more specific? Which are the guest houses and small hotels in the south or near Connaught Place which are around the same price as Karol Bagh?

Thanks for your advice; I agree, it's great to get this from a local and not from another tourist, who (like ourselves) may not know how much he is missing out on!

england
2. Re: Avoid staying in Karol Bagh

You would not be able to find anything decent in Cannaught Place or South Delhi for USD 15 . Talk more about atleast USD 80 onwards

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 77
3. Re: Avoid staying in Karol Bagh

south delhi may be a tad bit expensive but if you want a bit of peace its worth it. i'm sure with 20-25$ a good double en-suite would be available. BTW the mero is now operational and travelling from karolbagh to counaught place is much more easier. i lived in delhi for 15 years and just shifted.

with the metro being extended to south delhi i'm sure transport will be much easier.

Sydney
reviews: 4
4. Re: Avoid staying in Karol Bagh

Saralsingh, are you still with us? I am still waiting for some specific names of small hotels near Connaught which charge about the same as the ones at Karol Bagh!

5. Re: Avoid staying in Karol Bagh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 17, 2009