We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in Delhi

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 31
Transit in Delhi

We are flying in at 11am and don't depart until 18.50 and I am wondering if we should plan to go out of the airport ( we have a visa) or hang around. What would people recommend ? Are there things to do at the airport? We are arriving & departing on international flights. What would be close by to go and see?

Thanks for the advice

New Delhi, India
reviews: 12
1. Re: Transit in Delhi

Namaste!

You can only do shopping & take a nap within the airport. You can use your 3-4 hours for a city drive & good food.

New Delhi, Delhi...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Transit in Delhi

Hi..you have 7 hrs and 50 mins..I wish you could take a quick 2-3 hrs round of Important tourist places with Hop On Hop Off (HOHO)Bus: http://www.hohodelhi.com ( Red Route) ..I am assuming from airport to HOHO Centre by Express Metro is around 30 mins , so to-from commuting is 1 hr + 2-3 hrs sightseeing.

A total affair of 4-5 Hrs. But I am just a liitle sceptical if you could make it....your call! Read this to avoid any pitfall while exiting from airport to look for a Cab (just in case) …blogspot.in/2014/02/How-to-reach-from-Delhi…

Jaipur, India
reviews: 85
3. Re: Transit in Delhi

You can visit Qutub Minar and nearby market during that time but make sure that you will come back to the airport on time

New Delhi, India
reviews: 16
4. Re: Transit in Delhi

yeah i guess you can have a nice lunch at the city.

New Delhi, India
5. Re: Transit in Delhi

I also want to share one of the attraction in Delhi is that TheDarziGroup Showroom.I really like this Showroom For Men Outfit for all occasions.

New Delhi, India
reviews: 32
6. Re: Transit in Delhi

Hello,

Ideally you are having only about 4-4.30 hours as you should be at airport about at least hour and a half prior to your onward flight ,so it is not advisable to go too far from the airport.

The best you could do is to visit Ambiance Mall which is about 15 minutes from airport. There you can have

good lunch with some drinks, plus you can do shopping if you wish.

No point going into the city and not exploring the things properly.

Regards,

Piyush

Patna, India
reviews: 182
7. Re: Transit in Delhi

Namste

Though you have difference between 2 flights is 7 hour but practicaly you have only 4 hours.Half to 1 hour will lost in imigration,baggage and custom and for return flight you have to be in airport idealy 2 hours before to get boarding pass and security.So whatever you plan keep in mind these things.Its better to spend time in airport,just relax and have some indian food.Though not best but you can find some good indian food at airport.

Thanx

8. Re: Transit in Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2015